FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 34)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
Continued....

1) We've gone on holiday by mistake.

2) Take car. Go to Mums. Kill Phil. (Sorry.) Grab Liz. Go to the Winchester. Have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. Shaun of the Dead - Carrie

3) I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash you got. Raising Arizona - Nighthawk

4) The set-up is simple, Dutch. One day job. We pick up their trail at the chopper, run 'em down, grab the hostages and bounce back across the border before anyone knows we were there. You've done it a hundred times. Nothing out the ordinary. Predator - Nighthawk

5) So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the f***ing big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die. Trainspotting - Luet13

6) I don't truly know what's gonna happen when the lights go out, Carolyn -- but I do know that once the dyin' starts, this little psycho family of ours is gonna rip itself apart. So you better find out the truth. Come nightfall, you better know exactly who's standing behind you.

7) What can I tell you, I'm the villain. Hudson Hawk - Boris

[b]8) The tragedy of this war is a dead surfer. Apocalypse Now - Nighthawk

9) If you can’t say something nice don’t say nothing at all. Bambi - J_84

10) Three card brag is a simple form of poker; you are dealt only three cards and these you can't change. If you don't look at your cards you're a `blind man' and you only put in half the stake. Three of any kind is the highest you can get: the odds are four hundred and twenty-five to one. Then it's a running flush - you know, all the same suit running in order; then a straight, then a flush, then a pair, and finally whatever the highest card you are holding. There are some tell-tale signs that are valuable; I am not going to tell you them because it took me long enough to learn them, but these can only help a player, not make one. So you want to play? Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Chord

Score:
Nighthawk - 3
Luet13 - 1
Carrie - 1
J_84 - 1
Chord - 1
Boris - 1

[ April 06, 2007, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: orlox ]

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
7 - Hudson Hawk
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

Excellent!
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

Well, I thought 6) would be one of the easy ones. Vin's breakout role, Claudia Black, doesn't mind the dark...

1) Is my very favourite movie. British spelling intended. I have seen it well over 100 times and still seem to find something new to laugh at everytime. Written by Bruce Robinson and starring Richard E. Grant, it is the story of two clapped out drug addled actors in the waning moments of the sixties trying to straighten out. The quote I nearly went with:
You know what we should do? I say, you know what we should do?
How should I possibly know what we should do?
Get out of it for a while. Get into the countryside. Rejuvenate.
Rejuvenate! I'm in a park and I'm practically dead. What good's the countryside?

orlox
Member # 2392

Last Hints:
1) The character's name is Withnail
6) The character's name is Riddick

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
6) Pitch Black
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
1)Withnail and I

just watched it this past summer for the first time. Great film. A british guy I used to work with never stopped talking about it.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I love your list orlox!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

Final Score:
Nighthawk - 3
Luet13 - 1
Carrie - 1
J_84 - 1
Chord - 1
Boris - 1
Vonk - 1
Strider - 1

Since Nighthawk bowed out, we have a seven way tie!

So... Anyone who wants to, take it away!

Thanks for all the kind comments.
[Group Hug]

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone should do a similar thread, except on TV. (Perhaps even science fiction TV) You could even make it harder by saying that you need to know either the same of the episode or a brief summary of the episode [Smile]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I just found an old list I'd made up in case I won again. (Yeah, that will never happen.) So I'm posting it here. Funny thing is, I had to look a few of them up myself, it's been so long since I made the list. [Smile]

1. “We fight for men and women whose poetry is not yet written, but which will presently be as enviable and as renowned as any.” - Glory, guessed by James Tiberius Kirk
2. “You must think I'm completely mad, asking a total stranger to do this. I don't know who the hell you are, but I'm asking if you'll do it.”
3. “And when Love speaks, the voice of all the gods makes heaven drowsy with the harmony.” - Love's Labour's Lost guessed by JonHecht
4. “Daddy let me watch Letterman.” “Traitor.” - Independence Day guessed by James Tiberius Kirk
5. “You got, like, three feet of air that time.” - Napoleon Dynamite guessed by Carrie
6. “I'm only trying to take a nap. I'm only laying here, with my eyes closed, trying to get some damned sleep!" The Burbs guessed by JonHecht
7. “I'm told that dress is the very latest fashion in London.” “Women in London must have learned to not breathe.” - Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl guessed by Leonide
8. “I want my foreskin back, no one asked when they took it, they just took it.” - 28 Days guessed by JonHecht
9. “Yeah, and we're not going to fall for a banana in the tailpipe.” - Beverly Hills Cop guessed by Lyrhawn
10. “At last, we can retire and give up this life of crime.” - Serenity guessed by James Tiberius Kirk
11. “Virgil, you wiener! You never could stand up to a fight.” - The Abyss guessed by JonHecht
12. “He's proposing! I can't look like I would on any date. This is the date. The night I'll always remember. I want to look special. Bridal. . . but not like I suspect anything.” - Legally Blonde guessed by Raia
13. “That's twice this month you've slipped deadly nightshade into my tea and run off.” - The Nightmare before Christmas guessed by Leonide
14. “You may think you can intimidate the whole world with your attitude, but I grew up in Hell. My grandmother had more attitude. You don't intimidate me.” - As Good as it Gets guessed by Jon Hecht
15. “Do you have your exit buddy?” - Finding Nemo guessed by Leonide
16. “I'm not so sure about tonight. I'm supposed to be the Grand Duchess Anastasia. I think I look more like the Chrysler Building!” - The Producers (the musical) guessed by Leonide
17. “The first time you're forced to steal not to starve... you lose many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong.” - Batman Begins guessed by Carrie
18. “I can see why she likes you.” “Who?” “Not too bright though.” - The Matrix guessed by Morbo
19. “Always an interesting thing when we find leg irons and no legs in them.” - The Fugitive guessed by Luet13
20. “I'm sorry that bug up your ass had to die.” - Austin Powers guessed by JonHecht

[ May 29, 2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
18. The Matrix
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Glory (?)
4. Independence Day
10. Serenity

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
7) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

13) Nightmare Before Christmas
15) Finding Nemo

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

16) The Producers (the second one)
Narnia
Member # 1071

Right, right, right, right, right, right, right, and right.

Leonide - 4
JTK - 3
Morbo - 1

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
4. Napoleon Dynamite.
17. Batman Begins

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
20. Austin Powers of course
14. As Good as it gets
11. Alright, the only movie I can think of with a guy named virgil is The Abyss so that is my guess
5. Lol Napoleon Dynamite when Pedro is on his bike.

I love movies :-D Lots were already taken though…

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
9. Beverly Hills Cop
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
And in typical fashion all the ones I knew have already been taken, and there were alot!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
12) Legally Blonde
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
3. 'Baron Munchausen,' I think.

And I know I know 19, but I can't think of it. Doh!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Nice! Luet, your number 3 is wrong, but everyone else's guesses are correct. Here's the new score:

Leonide - 4
JTK - 3
JonHecht - 3
Carrie - 2
Lyrhawn - 1
Raia - 1
Morbo - 1

Narnia
Member # 1071

Here are some clues for the last few:

2. Said with a Scottish accent.
3. Shakespeare
6. Said by Tom Hanks
8. (this will give it away) Said by Alan Tudyk
19. Said by a cop...in the movie.

brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
2. The Rock
6. Castaway
8. A Knights Tale? (I like that guy)

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
19. The Fugitive.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Luet,
Good one. I knew it sounded familiar.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Luet gets 19! Keep guessing, brojack. [Smile]
brojack17
Member # 9189

Darn!
Carrie
Member # 394

6. Saving Ryan's Privates?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

3. Ok, now I feel silly cause we just read this in class recently: Love’s Labour’s Lost. >_> I wonder what ever happened to the mysterious sequel, love’s labor’s won. Whatever.

6. The Burbs

8. You’re right, it did give it away. 28 days

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Jon, you got all three. [Smile]

Leonide - 4
JTK - 3
JonHecht - 6
Carrie - 2
Lyrhawn - 1
Raia - 1
Morbo - 1
Luet13 - 1

Narnia
Member # 1071

Let's call it for JonHecht. The #2 quote is from Dear Frankie, lovely Scottish indy flick.
Itsame
Member # 9712

I guess this means I get to do quotes now
I didn't really read this thread so I hope there aren't any repeats.

1. "The benevolent brotherhood of men" Leonide, How to Succeed in Business

2. "You know how I know you're gay?" Brojack, 40 year old virgin

3. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" Narnia, Batman

4. "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair." Steve Rogers, Anchorman

5. "Dad always used to say the only causes worth fighting for were the lost causes" Steve Rogers, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

6. "This list... is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf." Steve Rogers, Schindler's List

7. "Five schillings for the possessed toy. Take it away." Carrie, Shrek

8. "You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions." Steve Rogers, Raider's of the Lost Ark

9. "You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday." Dan, Princess Bride

10. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?" Damien, Shadow

11. "Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."Raia, Harvey

12. "Sorry I'm late, it's a jungle out there; I had to beat an old lady with a stick to get these cranberries."Damien, Spiderman

13. "Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" Dan, Holy Grail

14. "What do ya want me to do? Die of old age?" Steve Rogers, Secondhand Lions

15. "There's no right, there's no wrong, there's only popular opinion" Damien, 12 Monkeys

16. "A man can't turn tail and run just because a little personal risk is involved. What did Shakespeare say? "Cowards die a thousand deaths, the brave man... only 500"?"

17. "Baldwin residence. No, this is Billy Baldwin. If you want Daniel Baldwin call his extension, stupid!"Damien, South Park

18. "May the forks be with us."

19. "You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant." Narnia, Hook

20. "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is." Narnia, Zoolander

[ May 30, 2007, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: JonHecht ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

3. Batman
19. Hook
20. Zoolander?

Itsame
Member # 9712

Yes
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
10. The Shadow, I think.
15. Twelve Monkeys.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
9. The Princess Bride.

Come on, no one got that yet? There are at least
27 people on this board who have that whole movie memorized line by line.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
13 another memorized movie--Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

12 The Santa Claus

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I have it memorized line for line [Smile] .

And you were both right on all.

Edit: I was referring to princess bride for memory, and Santa aint right.

Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
17. South Park?

Edit: And twelve is Spiderman I think. Could be Spidey 2 though. Just know it was Peter Parker.

[ May 29, 2007, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Damien.m ]

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Yes to both
Carrie
Member # 394

7. Shrek
brojack17
Member # 9189

2. 40 Year Old Virgin
7. Shrek

brojack17
Member # 9189

Ouch! Just got beat out.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
11) Harvey
12) I know this one! When Harry Met Sally?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
#4 is Anchorman
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #6 from Schindler's List?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#8 is from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#14 is from Secondhand Lions?

Edit: Sorry for the mulitple post. Wanted to make sure I got them. I was worried I would miss points if I tried to take the time to put them in one post.

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.