FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 36)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
John, max of 3 guesses an hour.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

9. Back to the future

i'm stealing that one because he went over his quota. and i'm being fair since that's the only one I actually knew and i'm not stealing any of his others.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, 3 guesses an hour! Its written at the top!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
oh, uhh sorry. I'll edit my post.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Damien: 3
Strider: 2
Jon: 3

As a concession, several of Jon's guesses were already correctly identified by Damien, and if we subtract the one Strider got because Jon went over quota it evens out to 3. So it's still anyones game.

Oh and Jon, 4 and 17 are both wrong

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Great Mouse Detective! How could I have not gotten that. I used to love that movie when I was like 11.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I know number 3!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
10) Back to the Future
13) Ocean's Eleven

The others that I knew have already been guessed. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
3. While you were sleeping
9. Dead Poet's Society
12. Signs

have no idea if these have been guessed already. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
#4 is from BASEketball. I love that movie.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
2) Braveheart
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
14. The Color Purple
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
6 The Fifth Element
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
15. Leon(it was jusjust on. I love when that happens)
18. Bone Collector.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Scores:

Damien: 5
Narnia: 3
Raia: 1
SteveRogers: 1
Luet13: 1
TheGrimace: 1

Ill edit the post to reflect who got what, but 3 are still unsolved! Jon, Narnia, Strider could still steal this round! Jon you do not get credit for Great Mouse Detective because once again an hour had not passed between guesses.

Hints:
6) Foreign Cinema, very recent release.

16) Whistlers Mother + Paint Remover

19) Spielberg movie.

[ June 04, 2007, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
6. Pan's Labyrinth?
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

16. Bean?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Narnia: 4 (+1)

That knocks Strider out and puts the game in Jon, Narnia's and Damien's hands.

edit: But the peanut gallery is completely welcome to secure Damien the victory by guessing correctly.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #19 the movie Poltergeist?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Updated scores,

Narnia: 4
Raia: 1
SteveRogers: 2 (+1)
Luet13: 1
TheGrimace: 1

It's down to Damien and Narnia.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

There aren't any left, are there?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
There aren't any left, are there?

#6 Is still unsolved.

Hint for 6,

Corsets in China?! Chow Yun Fat finally in a movie with Gong Li?

Narnia
Member # 1071

I got nothing. [Smile] I think this is the highest I've ever scored in one of these rounds. Let's have Damien's list next.
ACD
Member # 7763

- posted      Profile for ACD           Edit/Delete Post 
Curse of the Golden Flower

(I just lurk around here, but I wanted to get the game on to the next round.) [Smile]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hello, ACD! Nice to meet you.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

ACD ends the round, looks like Damien wins! STAND AND BE RECOGNIZED!
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Hey! I have to study now, Ive got tests tomorrow but Ill try to put up a new list in the next few hours!
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Ok I couldnt resist. Three guesses an hour. And sorry if its easy these were all I coul think of!

1. Im H20 intolerant. -SenojRetep from Finding Nemo.

2. I'm the most dangerous man in this prison. You know why? Because I control the underwear. -vonk from American History X

3. I remember you, and I remember we beat you. I'm not afraid of you. -BlackBlade from It.

4. Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in.

5. On August 29th, 1997, it's gonna feel pretty ****ing real to you too. Anybody not wearing 2 million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day. Get it? -BlackBlade from Terminator 2

6. Whats in the box? -Nighthawk from Seven

7. So you think you've solved in fourteen days what they couldn't solve in two years? -Strider from Stargate.

8. You have to PLAY the game, to find out WHY you're playing the game.

9. It was Dad. I swear! Dressed like a homeless man. And you know what else was strange? A business man and a woman with a little dog came out of nowhere and forced him onto a bus. -vonk from The Truman Show.

10. It's evil. It's diabolical. It's lemon-scented. This Plan Z can't possibly fail!

11. He's not your friend, he's ours! If somebody's gonna kill him, it should be us. -Nighthawk from Akira.

12. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory. -BlackBlade from The Shawshank Redemption.

13. Mom, I can't talk to you right now, OK? I'm having sex with a white woman. -vonk from Crash.

14. We are the weirdos, mister.

15. Don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!

16. I thought you said you were gonna cut the red wire!

17. Will you deliver Spain from bondage? -Strider from The Fountain.

18. What, you don't like rice? Tell me Michael, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong? -Stephan from The Lost Boys.

19. Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion. -vonk from Donnie Darko.

20. Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket. -SenojRetep from The Goonies.

[ June 06, 2007, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Damien.m ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

5: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
12: Shawshank Redemption

6 seems a bit generic Damien.

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
2) American History X

19) Donnie Darko

13) Crash

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

3: IT?
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Finding Nemo
20) Goonies

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

9) Truman Show
16) Lethal Weapon ... 2?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
6) Seven
11) Akira

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
18) Lost Boys
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

7) Stargate
Strider
Member # 1807

17) The Fountain
Damien.m
Member # 8462

I know its easy but I wouldnt have had the time to put together a good one. Sorry! Well here are the standings anyway:

vonk: 4
BlackBlade: 3
Nighthawk: 2
SenojRetep: 2
Stephan: 1

Could go any way!

vonk
Member # 9027

4?! I can only assume I chose the wrong Lethal Weapon. I amend my answer to:

16) Lethal Weapon 3

Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
15)Scream
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Ha I was hoping you would get there before anyone else vonk. And yes to Scream too.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for fun, and because tomorrow is my birthday, here's a new list. Regular rules (3 guesses/3 hours, no googling). As a note, after rereading it just now, I think it's a little heavy on the classics, although there are a few more recent releases. Have fun.

1) He was from a long great military tradition. Somebody from his family had fought and died in every single American war. I guess you could say he had a lot to live up to.
Forrest Gump

2) This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

3) -I'll stop that car, and I won't use my thumb!
[car stops]
-Why didn't you take off all your clothes? You could have stopped forty cars.
-Well, ooo, I'll remember that when we need forty cars.
It Happened One Night

4) Hey, you! Get your damn hands off her!
Back to the Future

5) -You mean... You mean you don't like me?
-No, of course I like you. It's because I like you I don't want to be with you. It's a complicated emotion.
Finding Nemo

6) Ha, your pig fiance is too late!
The Princess Bride

7) I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew you socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

8) Mathematicians won the war. Mathematicians broke the Japanese codes... and built the A-bomb. Mathematicians... like you. The stated goal of the Soviets is global Communism. In medicine or economics, in technology or space, battle lines are being drawn. To triumph, we need results. Publishable, applicable results. Now who among you will be the next Morse? The next Einstein? Who among you will be the vanguard of democracy, freedom, and discovery? Today, we bequeath America's future into your able hands. Welcome to Princeton, gentlemen.
A Beautiful Mind

9) I know you will never entirely comprehend this, Raymond, but you must believe I did not know it would be you. I served them. I fought for them. I'm on the point of winning for them the greatest foothold they would ever have in this country. And they paid me back by taking your soul away from you. I told them to build me an assassin. I wanted a killer from a world filled with killers and they chose you because they thought it would bind me closer to them. But now, we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me.
The Manchurian Candidate

10) -That ditch is Boss Kean's ditch. And I told him that dirt in it's your dirt. What's your dirt doin' in his ditch?
-I don't know, Boss.
-You better get in there and get it out, boy
Cool Hand Luke

11) -He killed a dog last night because the dog was scratching around in the garden. You know why? Because he had something buried in that garden that the dog scented.
-Like an old hambone?
-I don't know what pet names Thorwald had for his wife.
Rear Window

12) Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled [title word] out of action.
The Caine Mutiny

13) If there was a law, they was workin' with maybe we could take it, but it ain't the law. They're workin' away our spirits, tryin' to make us cringe and crawl, takin' away our decency.
The Grapes of Wrath

14) No, no. I'm not a Brewster. I'm the son of a sea-cook! Ha! Ha! Chaaaaarrrge! [runs off across the cemetary]
Arsenic and Old Lace

15) -You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
-It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

16) So full of hate you want to go out and fight everybody! Because you've been whipped and chased by hounds. Well that might not be living, but it sure as hell ain't dying. And dying's been what these white boys have been doing for going on three years now! Dying by the thousands! Dying for *you*, fool! I know, 'cause I dug the graves. And all this time I keep askin' myself, when, O Lord, when it's gonna be our time? Gonna come a time when we all gonna hafta ante up. Ante up and kick in like men. LIKE MEN!
Glory

17) A- You can never go too far. B- If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

18) -The Night Owl case made you. Do you want to tear all that down?
-With a wrecking ball. You want to help me swing it?
L.A. Confidential

19) To mail six packages to Japan overnight is how much? That's in yen? DOLLARS? Oh, you people are deliberately taking advantage of people in a hurry, you know that?
Toy Story 2

20) -Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.
-You're right, no human being would stack books like this.
Ghostbusters

[ September 24, 2007, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

2) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
12) The Caine Mutiny
15) Raiders of the Lost Ark

Damn three hours!

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Well done, Nighthawk. Correct on all three.

Looks to me like you won't have a problem with the 3 hr rule. I don't know if anyone else it around today.

Philosofickle
Member # 10993

- posted      Profile for Philosofickle           Edit/Delete Post 
4) Back to the Future
6) The Princess Bride
14) Arsenic and Old Lace

I know more, but three guesses means I can't give away more than that, right?

#5 is just killing me. I know it, I just can't think of it.

Posts: 208 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
1)Forrest Gump
7)Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
8)A Beautiful Mind

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Finding Nemo
Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

You see, I should win automatically because I bother to italicize my movie titles!
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Nighthawk - 3
Philosofickle - 3
Morbo - 3
theCrowsWife - 1

There's a smattering of classics and more recent fare left.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
16 is Glory.

Man I wish I had gotten the jump on these earlier.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.