FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 39)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
All right so far.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew #20... but I didn't consider that to be a "movie", so I thought it was something else. GAH!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I own it on DVD, therefore it is a movie.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I know #19. I can almost picture the scene. It might be a series of Unfortunate Events but I think it's set in a contemporary era which is obviously somewhat humorous and spoken by a young teen girl. I just can't for the life of me place it.

EDIT: I looked it up, and I'm not sure if it's spoken by a young teen girl but there's certainly one in the scene and it's a somewhat humorous movie set in a contemporary era.

Sigh.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
4) Coming to America
12) Zoolander

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Coming to America is incorrect.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Plain guesses:
10) Dave
7) Jurassic Park

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

No.
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
9)The Graduate
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
19 is Spykids I think.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

15) Shaun of the Dead

That one's been bugging me, but it just clicked.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

13) Mystery Men

#2 is the one nagging at my brain now. I'm sure I've heard it.

--Enigmatic

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
7) Twelve Monkeys

Odd coincidence. I'm reading Kafka on the Shore right now and they talk about this exact myth in the chapter I just read.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Yes to all.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
16) This sounds ridiculously familiar, is it How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
4) The Mask of Zorro?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
3) An American President
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Leonide got it right, you guys... no.

Edit: In case you can't tell, these movies come from all over, genre-wise. By the by, I own every one.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Pretty much wild guesses:
10) Land of the Dead
18) Secondhand Lions

--Enigmatic

Itsame
Member # 9712

18 is correct.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
14) Children of Men
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

2)K-Pax
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

14 is correct.

Edit: By the way, sorry about the delay. I won the same day that Christmas vacation started, and totally forgot that it was my turn.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2) "Have you tested this theory?" "I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to another."
The Day the Earth Stood Still

quote:
4) "This pass is for one person." "I am only one person. He is a servant."
The Three Musketeers (or possibly The Four Musketeers, I forget which this shows up in)
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Correct on both.

Edit: I actually expected number 2 to go immediately, considering where we are. You guys need to learn about your sci-fi heritage.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
3 is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

I can't BELIEVE that no one on Hatrack got that. I'll admit that I first thought for a brief second that it was American President, but then my mind switched tracks.

And you call yourselves Frank Capra and Jimmy Stewart lovers.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

This fell down a couple of pages. Maybe it's time for hints on the ones nobody's gotten yet?

And I knew I'd seen #2, dangit!

--Enigmatic

Morbo
Member # 5309

Every time I read 5) "You killed my father, and you stole my elephant!" I'm reminded of an old joke.

A dog limps into a saloon.
"I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!" he barks.

Itsame
Member # 9712

I'll give it one more day, then hints. You guys were sooo confident that it was going to be easy... I lulled you into a false sense of security.

Edit: 6) The response was by Meryl Streep

5) The rising star of kung fu, Jackie cameoed in this movie.

10) There's a topic on the page 1 of the forums which relates to this very closely.

[ February 13, 2008, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: JonHecht ]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

5) The Protector
(I'm pretty sure that's right and feel stupid for not getting it sooner.)

10)Dawn of the Dead
(This really only makes sense to me as a zombie movie, but I can't be sure if I've heard it or not.)

--Enigmatic

Itsame
Member # 9712

Yes to both, and I think that means you win no matter who gets the final one.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Was the Dawn of the Dead quote from one of the debates on TV in the movie?

--Enigmatic

Itsame
Member # 9712

Yeah.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how the last game ended, but I spent the last couple of hours making a list, so I'm posting it.

3 guesses/3 hours. No googling.

1) [L]et me fight with the rifle in one hand, and the Good Book in the other. So that if I may die at the muzzle of the rifle... die on water, or on land, I may know that you blessed Jesus almighty are with me... and I have no fear.
Glory

2) We had the chance but we were scared. We walked away. WE LIVED OUR LIVES IN FEAR!
Strictly Ballroom

3) Marriage license, did you say marriage license? Oh I love you Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is.
Charade

4) You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards, it did. If he weren't up there now... I don't think it would be snowing. Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it.
Edward Scissorhands

5) - I wish you'd've done this for me when I was a kid.
- But you didn't have a drug problem then.
- Yeah, but it still would've meant a lot to me.
The Royal Tennenbaums

6) Thank you for every kindness. Thank you for our children. For the first time I saw them. Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. You were my life. I apologize for everytime I ever failed you. Especially this one...
What Dreams May Come

7) - You know, you don't act like a scientist.
- They're usually pretty stiff.
- You're more like a game show host.
Ghostbusters

8) There are a dozen good brood mares in that mob. I'll be back for them... and for whatever else is mine.
The Man from Snowy River

9) Ten oughta do it, don't you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more. All right, we'll get one more.
Ocean's Eleven

10) My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
Becoming Jane

11) - You guys broke up, right?
- Two hours ago!
Dan in Real Life

12) I'm still here, Chief
Frequency

13) - You a caddy?
- Uh, that depends. You a golfer?
Legend of Bagger Vance

14) If only I could go down that river. To love her in the wild, forget the name of Smith. I should tell her. Tell her what? It was just a dream. I am now awake.
The New World

15) - If you come any closer, I will rip you to shreds.
- Who are you?
- I am G'mork. And you, whoever you are, can have the honor of being my last victim.
The Neverending Story

16) - Will, am I a bad mother?
- No. No, you're not a bad mother. You're just a barking lunatic.
About a Boy

17) - Are you in love with her?
- No... I'm in love with you. And I'm in love with your beautiful woman. And I'm in love with your kids. And I'm even in love with your unborn child. I'm even in love with your anger! I'm in love with anything that lives!
In America

18) I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body, to defend a dying horse. Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions.
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

19) It's a glow-in-the-dark compass ring. So you don't get lost.
Big

20) The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better.
My Fair Lady

Morbo - 4
Raia - 3
Carrie - 3
Lyrhawn - 2
EmpSquared - 2
Leonide - 2
Goody - 1
Eduardo - 1
BB - 1
JonHecht - 1

[ April 26, 2008, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
9. Ocean's Eleven (the new one)
16. About a Boy!
18. Kingdom of Heaven?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. About a Boy was a late addition; I thought the quote was sufficiently obscure and non-descript that it would take a long time to get.

9&16- Yes
18- No

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

It was supposed to be Enigmatic, but it seems he is derelict in his duties.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

1. Glory

13. Legend of Bagger Vance?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
Wow. About a Boy was a late addition; I thought the quote was sufficiently obscure and non-descript that it would take a long time to get.

I could hear it in an accent, and when I saw "Will," it clicked. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
3 - 50 First Dates?
15 - The Never Ending Story

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
11) Dan in Real Life?
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

1) Saving Private Ryan

7) Ghostbusters

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Nah, 1 is Glory. The smaller guy with the stutter but good aim is the one who says it when they're gathered around the fire singing and praying before they go into battle. I think he goes after Morgan Freeman but before Denzel.
Morbo
Member # 5309

Crap. I guessed it was the righteous sniper in Ryan
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
18) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

4) Edward Scissorhands
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

A few hints:

3- Recently remade (maybe three years ago) under a new title

5- Funny dysfunctional family

12- "Chief" refers to firefighters

19- During a sleepover; with bunkbeds

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
19) Big
5)Darjeeling Limited, maybe? I think I'm wrong, but man it's on the tip of my tongue.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
8) The Man From Snowy River
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Close on (5) Emp^2, but not quite
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.