FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 44)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think that's Mr.White,
9.Reservoir Dogs

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
16. The Big Lebowski. I think.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Trent and Kelly- we do a three guesses every three hours so as to prevent someone from guessing too many at once, but eh, whatever. It's all just for fun.

Alright, back from work, the list is up to speed.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
#2 is Forgetting Sarah Marshall?

And #4 might be Metropolis?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

My apologies, I only started contributing recently. I will mind the rules from here on out. Thank you for the notice.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
6. The Last Dragon

I hate when I miss lists where I know lots of movies!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

Yup.

Doesn't someone have a Sho'nuff alt?

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Did somebody win the last round?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

It would have been Trent or Jon, and I know Jon doesn't like listing the quotes. Someone could probably just make up a new list.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't really have the time right now. So, I'm going to call "not it" on the making up a new list gig.
Raia
Member # 4700

I'll do it...

1) "Well, I can't exactly say 'no.' Not after he's gone all the way to Ipswich!" -Stardust, Dr Strangelove
2) "I have amazing insight. I'd use it on myself, only I don't have any problems." -Music and Lyrics, aiua
3) "Actually, depravity can be terribly boring if you don't smoke or drink." -Paris When it Sizzles, Flaming Toad on a Stick
4) "Oh, honey, he's teasing you. Nobody has two television sets." -Back to the Future, Sean Monahan
5) "For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius." -Young Frankenstein, Sean Monahan
6) "I don't want to play the gender card right now. You want to play a card, let's play the "let's not die" card." -Finding Nemo, Sean Monahan
7) "Where did you get that face? Hollywood?" -Arsenic and Old Lace, SenojRetep
8) "I hope they have pudding." -Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, SteveRogers
9) "I'll tell you right out, I am a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." -The Maltese Falcon, SenojRetep
10) "That's what I hate about this government. Everything's in red." -Anastasia, SteveRogers
11) "You'll never get a boyfriend if you look like you wandered out of Auschwitz." -Bridget Jones' Diary, aiua
12) "Entertain? What are you, an ambassador? Who do you want to entertain? Listen listen, if someone is really your friend, he comes after dinner." -The Shop Around the Corner, SteveRogers
13) "Not only does he own a personalized matching set of crocodile-skin luggage, but his favorite TV program is Baywatch. So you see there's always someone sadder than you." -Sliding Doors, aiua
14) "If I cut your throat it'll be practically unintentional." -Hello, Dolly!, Boris
15) "Man, just cause it's a theme song don't make it not true." -Tropic Thunder, BlackBlade
16) "I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." -The Departed, Sean Monahan
17) "Have you ever met a man of good character where women are concerned?" -My Fair Lady, SteveRogers
18) "Seeing all these wedding dresses, doesn't it make you think about the "f" word?" -The Parent Trap, Dr Strangelove
19) "How could I forget about you? You're the only person I know." -The Bourne Identity, Dr Strangelove
20) "A lot of cops worry about the wrong thing - crime." -Starsky and Hutch, SteveRogers

SteveRogers-5
Sean Monahan-4
Dr Strangelove-3
aiua-3
SenojRetep-2
BlackBlade-1
Boris-1
Flaming Toad on a Stick-1

[ December 02, 2008, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
4) Back to the Future
5) Young Frankenstein
6) Finding Nemo
16) The Departed

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yep, yep, yep and yep! (Although I think we said only 3 guesses per hour, but I'll go ahead and give you those four. Just FYI.) [Smile]
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Stardust
2. The Bourne Identity

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
7) Arsenic & Old Lace
9) The Maltese Falcon

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Dr. S: Yes, and no.

SenojRetep: Yes, and yes.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I definitely meant to say that as #19, not #2. Heh. So yeah, #19: The Bourne Identity
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, well, yes, that's correct.
Raia
Member # 4700

Btw, SenojRetep, I like that you went for the older ones. You're a man after my own heart. [Smile]
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
Yep, yep, yep and yep! (Although I think we said only 3 guesses per hour, but I'll go ahead and give you those four. Just FYI.) [Smile]

D'oh! Sorry 'bout that.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, no problem.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
15) Tropic Thunder.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#8 is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Raia
Member # 4700

Correct, on both!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #10 Anastasia? Geez, I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid...I had to think on this one. I knew it sounded familiar.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#20 may well be, in fact, the hilariously dumb Starsky and Hutch. That movie is a killer. Especially Will Ferrell...one of the better cameos in a comedy film.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The other ones I do not know.
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

Good quotes, to slow on the ones I knew, haven't a clue on the rest.
Raia
Member # 4700

Yep, Steve!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Mwahaha! 18 is The Parent Trap! Different "f" word. I think I'm right anyways. Too many rainy afternoons with little sisters.
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, good work!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Maybe we could score some hints on these last few?
Raia
Member # 4700

Sorry, I've been internet-less for the past 36 hours, but am back now. Will post hints shortly.
Raia
Member # 4700

2) A recent movie. This line is spoken by the male protagonist in his apartment, and the girl is wearing a red dress.
3) NOT a recent movie. The whole film is filled with this type of witticism, while the two main characters, thrust into a writing situation together, fight to meet a deadline.
11) This line is spoken in a British accent, by a woman to her daughter.
12) Again, not recent at all. This movie was remade under a different title, and the new one stars Tom Hanks.
13) This movie stars a famous female actress... twice. And, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
14) This line is spoken by a very minor character, to a major one. It's a musical.
17) Another musical. Come on guys. You know this one.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Oooh, oooh. Is #17 from My Fair Lady?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Running with the Tom Hanks + Remake= Clue. I'm going to go ahead and guess The Shop Around the Corner for #12. Tom Hanks is in You've Got Mail.
Raia
Member # 4700

Yes, and yes! [Smile] Well done!
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
14 - Hello Dolly
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yep!
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
11.) Bridget Jones's Diary!

Oh, and
2.) is Music and Lyrics.

I seem to have a thing for Hugh Grant.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe... well, it could be worse. [Smile]

And yes, those are quite correct. I was surprised that Bridget Jones lasted so long without anyone getting it!

aiua
Member # 7825

Got it! It was the Monty Python reference that did it.
13.) is with Paltrow, Doors something. Or Something Doors.. Doors Closing. Closing Doors. Screen Doors? No, that's not quite it either.
Someone help me out?

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, I'll go ahead and give it to you... you're close enough! It's Sliding Doors. [Smile]
aiua
Member # 7825

Sliding Doors! You're right. It was on the tip of my finger. :]
Raia
Member # 4700

Just one left!
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
3) is Paris-When it Simmers, or Sizzles, or something like that.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Good work! You got them all! And the winner is SteveRogers, so whenever you're ready. [Smile]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Oh, chicken...I'll try and get one up in a little bit.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Kick it:

1) “You're 32 years old, and you've achieved nothing. Jesus Christ was dead and alive again by 33. You better get crackin'.”

2) “Ha ha ha! There he is--that repulsive, half-witted fool! Now, my slave, seize the boy! Bring him to me.” - Meet the Robinsons, aiua

3) “Yeah, we'll put a call in to Aaron A. Aaronson, shall we?” - Hot Fuzz, aiua

4) “You really don't remember, do you? We didn't pick you. You picked us. You volunteered. Right here. Right here, even after you were warned.” - The Bourne Ultimatum, aiua

5) “Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them.” - The Prestige, aiua

6)“The only thing I like integrated is my coffee.” - Malcolm X, Xann.

7) “Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?’
‘I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.’
‘As long as you don't have flat feet.’” - Across the Universe, Lyrhawn

8) “‘No! You gave me a bun. Just a bun! Look! There's no meat in here.’
‘But you said you wanted nothing on it.’
‘Yes, but I expected a meat patty!’
‘Dude, a meat patty is something. You said "nothing".’” - Good Burger, aiua

9) “I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?” - The Jerk, Vadon

10) “Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.” - Army of Darkness, BlackBlade

11) “I was nearly torn to shreds by a crazy doctor, I was made a slave to a bunch of mangy pirates, and eaten - Got that? - eaten by a fire-breathing dragon!” - The Pagemaster, Raia

12) “I think we maybe need to broaden our search to include less conventional methods of having a baby.”

13) “No, it's Morgan Freeman. Do you have any bones that need collecting?” - Juno, Raia

14) “Wait a minute, I told it wrong. Here, I'm startin' over: How come it takes three Polacks to screw up a lightbulb?” - Raising Arizona, dantesparadigm

15) “Excuse me. Will you hit me again? I've never seen such fluidity. The way your knuckles crunched as you smashed 'em into my face.” - Super Mario Bros, Xann.

16) “You see they have great vision during the day, and even better vision at night. But in the failing light, they can't focus.” - Reign of Fire, Lyrhawn

17) “People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it.” - Fight Club, aiua

18) “’The mill's closed. There's no more work. We're destitute.”
‘Ohhhhh.’
‘I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments.’” - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, aiua

19) “Please, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you. How could I know it was you? I mean, how could you expect me to guess? Stupid jerk! I mean, what the **** were you doing robbing your own house?” - A Fish Called Wanda, Raia

20) “Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing? Look at this...” - Dogma, dantesparadigm

This one isn’t worth points. I’m just doing it for kicks.

21) “I know you’re dancing and all. But that doesn’t change the fact that I was pretty sure I was the only character in this movie who got to kill someone.”

[ December 03, 2008, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.