FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Damn all cheap apartments!

Author Topic: Damn all cheap apartments!
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's not enough that we have a mold problem. No, the toilet is also clogged. What idiot made the water path in the shape of an S, anyway? A simple U-trap would do nicely, and be susceptible to unclogging with a clothes hanger.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we've moved in to our cheap apartment our faucets have all simultaneously developed drips.

Fortunately, our new apartment manager is way more on top of things than our old one, who disappeared for months with no explanation.

I feel your pain, KoM. Just do what I do, remind yourself how cheap it is...

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Our garbage disposal is making very angry noises at us, the silverfish, spiders, and mosquito hawks have decided it's time to emerge, and our keys jam in the door.

Worst of all? It's not a cheap apartment.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Silverfish gross me out far, far more than they have any right to.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I prefer roaches. I mean, sure, it's pretty awful when you wake up and there's a roach crawling on your leg, but at least they don't eat books.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
It's karma, KoM, for failing to answer on the China and USA thread.

What you need is a plumber's snake to unclog the pipe. They are inexpensive and easy to find at any hardware store.

[ May 04, 2006, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I just moved to my first nice apartment and man do I not miss the leaking faucets, fridge that would never stay closed, or the constant state of mold in the bathroom. I have been amazed at how fast things get fixed now. Heck, I can get a repair done thats not an emergency 24 hours a day. Its amazing. Now if I could just have my old rent back [Smile]
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I am deathly afraid of the dishwasher in my condo. It makes evil noises. I really, really want a new one; this one is like twenty-five years old.

But I own my place. So if I get a spiffy new dishwasher, it also ups the value of my property...just like having the fuse box replaced with circuit breakers and having hardwood put in the bedroom. [Taunt]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
The mold is a serious thing. If the apartment manager isn't interested in doing anything about it, a quick call to your local inspections office could jerk a knot in his tail.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I am moving from a horrible cheap apartment in the 3rd worst ghetto in Houston to a cheap house right next to Midtown. Ah, so sweet, so sweet. The house was built in 1923, the stove was built not long after and the foundation is sinking into the ground. But the lease is up after a year, so I don't care.

Oh yeah, the support beams under the floor somehow broke (the landlord swears he doesn't know how) and the floor sinks in the middle.

Edit to add: I had a lady bug infestation once. It was the cutest damn infestation ever and I never did anything about it. Good times.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.