FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just sayin'

Author Topic: Just sayin'
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Here be the topic for sentences that don't warrant an entire topic. (There are probably other topics like this one, but NONE with this title.) [Smile]

Did you guys notice that the Begging the Question thread celebrated its 4th birthday on April 19th? That thread is 4 fricking years old! Blows my mind.

Anyway, just sayin'.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess mph is speechless.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you guys notice that the 4 in 4th looks a lot like the A in April?

And capital "i"s look just like lowercase "L"s. (l I)

Just sayin'.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been cloudy all day long with no rain, but I guarantee you it will start raining as soon as I start walking to the bus stop.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"Just sayin'" is one of my favorite disclaimers. You can vent any kind of offensive calumny, and follow it up with an "I'm just sayin'", and it is like you made yourself argument-proof. And if someone does try to call you on your statement, you can reiterate, "Hey, I was just sayin'."

"Tante Shvester thinks she is the flipping queen of Hatrack, posting at all hours of the day and night, and making all kinds of sarcastic and snide remarks, and contributing nothing of worth to the community. I'm just sayin'"

"Hey, don't say that about Tante! OMG! She's teh awesome!"

"Nah, I was just sayin'."

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, my personal favorite is "bless his/her heart." You can get away with pretty much any insult imaginable as long as you add these three words.

"My neighbor has gotta be the stupidest person on the planet, bless his heart."

"Bless her heart, she has worse fashion sense than Madonna."

"I can't believe that Bill, bless his heart, actually thinks that The Day After Tomorrow was a good movie."

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabrina
Member # 9413

- posted      Profile for Sabrina           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss hearing that one - no one up here in the Cold North says that. But I hear a lot of "yoo know wot I'm sayin'?" I'm just sayin'.
Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, bless his heart, has an annoying habit of one upping me. Just sayin'.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
Did you guys notice that the Begging the Question thread celebrated its 4th birthday on April 19th? That thread is 4 fricking years old! Blows my mind.

Yeah, well, so did I.

Edit to add: except it wasn't my 4th.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I find it rather disturbing how attached I am to reality TV as of late.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Cricket looks good for England so far. Just sayin' (hope I haven't commentator cursed it now!)
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You've utterly wrecked any chance England had, bless your heart.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the blank post threads.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Just not sayin'.
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha fat chance, Noemon! Over 300 runs scored today for only 3 wickets. Just sayin'
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I've laughed more at Tante's posts today than anything else. Just sayin'.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Bless your heart, Narnia. And some of your other vital organs as well.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 35 today. That officially marks me as middle-aged, right? That's rather depressing.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and I certainly do appreciate the knowledge of grammar demonstrated by Hatrackers who know that omitted letters in a word should be indicated by an apostrophe.

Just appreciatin' the just sayin' thread.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
when you ask a question on livejournal, you should not disable the comment feature
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm 35 today. That officially marks me as middle-aged, right?
Wrong. That's 40.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I read an article once in which the writer and his friends had determined that the official entry of middle-age-hood was 37-and-a-half. Sounded about right to me, at the time ... but I was much younger then. It's coming awfully fast.

Oh ... happy birthday, Belle!

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really, really, awake. Is anyone else really, really, awake?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous that I've been around Hatrack for almost 4 years (holy cow!) and I still don't know how to make a blank post like that. Granted I haven't tried, but I just feel like it's kind of a rite of passage for true Hatrackers. Just sayin'.

And, I'm only sorta awake. Sorry. [Wink]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really awake, and I have my first day of work tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous.

Just sayin'

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
How does one do a blank post?

Just askin'

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hint: hit the quote icon directly above where someone made a blank post. All will be revealed.

Just answerin'.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh great. Now everyone will be doing it. All. The. Time.

I propose that if folks want to do lots of blank posts, they start a blank post thread, in which hatrackers can get it out of their systems.

Dear me! What have I unleashed? [Roll Eyes]

(Edit: Jes' sayin')

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Oops. Pardon the duplicate post. [Wink]
Sabrina
Member # 9413

I love raw baby carrots. Love, love.

I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I love this thread.

Just sayin'.

hansenj
Member # 4034

quote:

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Um, mine didn't work. I must be slow...oh well, just sayin'. [Razz]
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to propose the the cutoff for middle age be raised to...um...50!

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to be $39.95 plus shipping and handling. Jus' sayin'.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

hansenj
Member # 4034

I win! Just sayin'. [Wink]
Deceased House
Member # 9388

- posted      Profile for Deceased House   Email Deceased House         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate little kids....Just sayin!!
Posts: 59 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I saw a toetruck toeing a toetruck.
Just sayin'.

Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Toetruck?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabrina
Member # 9413

I just acquired an extra little cat today, sort of by accidental necessity. She's a tiny thing, I don't even know if she counts as a full cat, more like .75 cat, really. She seems to have decided to live under the dining room table. Which is not too bad, actually, when I first got Miss Emmy she insisted on hiding in the bathtub for the first two weeks. Now that was annoying. I'm just saying.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Toetruck?

Toe truck.
Narnia
Member # 1071

I'm sick. Again. Just sayin'.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.