FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Net Neutrality and petitioning your reps

Author Topic: Net Neutrality and petitioning your reps
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm writing my reps about net neutrality (I'm assuming someone's already posted something on it here.) and I realize, I've got Arlen Specter (voice of reason, the only thing his opponent coould use against him in the last election was that he agreed with President Bush I think 62% of the time), Rick Santorum (total ***hat), and Allyson Schwartz (a friend of mine's mom).

So, I'm thinking, there's almost no point to sending these letters out. I mean, Senator Specter's going to do the right thing, Senator Santorum is going to do the wrong thing, and Congresswoman Schwartz is going to do the right thing and has been hearing about it from her son. I still mailed the stuff out, but, I don't know, it just seemed a little strange.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall the issue coming up here on the board, but I have been following the issue as closely as I can understand (the website you linked to does the best job I've seen explaining it). Comcast, as I understand it asking around, is a proponent of network neutrality. I strongly think people really need to voice their opinion on this particular issue now, rather than afterwards.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Comcast, as I understand it asking around, is a proponent of network neutrality.
Are they? Well, that makes up quite a bit for their crappy customer service.

I find this whole thing spooky.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a digital age version of the railroad baron monopoly strategy. When you can control access, almost all other economic forces become irrelevant.

I honestly cann't see how this could be considered a good idea. I mean other than "They're giving me suitcases full of cash to vote for it."

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
quote:
Comcast, as I understand it asking around, is a proponent of network neutrality.
Are they? Well, that makes up quite a bit for their crappy customer service.

Oh please, flatter me some more. [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. Thanks for the link. I sent messages to my reps. I'm a firm believer in advocating what you believe in. It's the only way to keep people honest.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you work for them T_Smith? Is it actually company policy give people the title "Crappy Customer Service Representative"?

Well, in Seattle, it seems like they do. In all the times I've ever talked to the people here, I've never gotten consistant information. My roommate has added my name to the account at least three times because they keep not acknowledging it.

For what it's worth, I'm sure you're infinitely more competent. [Smile]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.