FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 11)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
An accountant.

... Why do I even bother... with anything...?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Because there's no point in doing nothing.

What else should I do?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Fly a kite.

What kind of pizza should I get?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Small size tunafish.

Do you know what I want?

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
A tuna pizza.

Do you agree that the world described in Lennon's "Imagine" is an ideal world?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
I never did like that song and think imagine probably describes some residual drug induced haze left over from when Lennon thought he was better than God rather than it describing some happy Nirvanaish place where all can live as one.

Since clocks keep time, does it mean that time stops when a clock stops?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ereneth
Member # 9532

- posted      Profile for Ereneth   Email Ereneth         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, there's always a good ol' sun-dile, but if THAT stops, then you're onto something.

If the earth left orbit and began sailing away from the sun, how long would humanity last?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose you’re thinking of a “spiraling away" scenario. So it would depend on the rate of the increasing distance between the Earth and the Sun. As it would get farther and farther, the (average) temperature would drop and drop and eventually everything (including “hell”) would freeze over. If the rate was slow enough, people would “get ready” and “keep the seed of Humanity” going as long as possible, which would be irrelevant long before the Earth got past the present Mars’ orbit.
If you’re thinking of a meteorite altering the orbit of the Earth, it would be so “catastrophic” that it would instantly wipe out Human race on Earth at the same time.
If you’re thinking of a “melting away of all rules of Physics” scenario, then we’ll be finally able to see if atheists were right all along.
Note: The Earth will be swallowed by the growing Sun (and becoming a Red Giant, as a part of its life cycle as a star) and won’t let the Earth “escape” at any rate. We will be united with our life giver – the underrated Sun.

Do you believe in something so strongly that you would give your life for it?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
yes.

Don't you wish you had asked what it was?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Actually, no [Smile] . The fact that you have such a belief tells me more about you than whatever that belief actually is.

Do you think that your life is entirely your responsibility, and that you can decide to end it whenever you want?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
More or less. Mostly more.

Where the frack is my passport?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

That's a nice question to ask on an online forum.

Did you really expect a useful answer to that?

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really, I kind of agree with you that Carrie's question wasn't particularly answerable on a forum.

What is the answer to the question that you are going to ask in your post?

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

What's one question that the answer is the question itself?

What's one question that the answer is the question itself?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?

Should I tell Pelegius how to write?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, there are lots of people on that job already.

Should I listen to everyone I know and wait until I find a new job before I quit this one?

[ July 10, 2006, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Probably.

If you had to chose, Cubs or Sox?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Why can't my cubs wear sox?

Why can't my cubs wear sox?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Because "sox" don't exist.

Who was your favorite elementary school teacher?

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
My 5th grade teacher Mr. Williams

When was the last time your were completely, inconsolably out of your mind, without the influence of drugs?

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
This morning.

Which is more painful, a paper cut or a hang nail?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Niether bother me much.

Do you like U2?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Nope.

Do you like the band Nirvana?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like their music at all and I think Cobain was an overrated guitarist, but I respect them for basically creating a genre. Even if I don't like that genre.

Why do you like the band Rush so much? [Evil]

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I don't

Why don't you like U2?

Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
I *do* like me too. It's that sucky Irish band I don't like.

(Actually, I think they're great. Except for Zooropa.)

How *do* you dismantle an atomic bomb?

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Carefully.

What is your favorite headache remedy? Do you get headaches often?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Guiness, and it's a vicious cycle, because I usually get a headache after drinking a few.

Why is it so hard to decide what's for dinner?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Because we live in a land of plenty, with so much variety that we are able to satisfy any whim.

What classic novel would you like to see made into a contemporary movie?

vonk
Member # 9027

Beowulf. I know it is already a movie, but I want to see it made into a really contemporary what-would-happen-if-Grendel-showed-up-in-the-20th-century type of movie. Maybe set in the 80s, and the warriors are all flashy gang members with pink bandannas and wild hair. Radical.

If your child had to dress like one 80s icon every day for the rest of his/her life, which one would you choose?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

Mad Max. Definitely.

Why are 70's movies so depressing?

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You'd be depressed too if you had to live in the 70s.

What is the volume of a dyson sphere 1 AU in diameter? Give answer in cubic light seconds.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
Big, really really big, unless it's small, really really small.

How many bowl eligible teams will the Big East have at seasons end this year?

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

6 because of their soft soft soft schedule. (They play eachother, right?)

Why can't Mig follow directions? *grin*

Mig
Member # 9284

Because directions are for chumps.

Who'll play in the Superbowl this season?

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Your mom.

What should I name my first novel?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Blast you!

The Adventures of Dark Stool and His Shorn Starfish

What's the deal with kids these days?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

We know the meaning of life.

Will I ever make my movie?

Mig
Member # 9284

No, but many will make movies about you.

Why in God's heaven is anyone interested in Paris Hilton or what she does?

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Because people enjoy hearing about celebrities who make complete fools of themselves. It makes them feel better about their own stupidity.

Who are you really?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Me.

Why can't my dog learn?

Will B
Member # 7931

Wake him up already!

If an ox falls over a cliff, and the head goes over, and the body goes over, and the feet, why can't the tail go over?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Because I cut it off.

Who's the best bassist ever?

vonk
Member # 9027

Without a doubt: Les Claypool.

What is the best Bluegrass band out there?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The String Cheese Incident

Do frog legs actually taste like chicken?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

I think they taste like frog.

What's your favorite song?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

"Lithium" by Nirvana

What's YOUR favorite song?

Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
"45" by Shinedown

Who is afraid of Virginia Woolfe?

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Pennsylvania Vampire.

Why can't I accept a compliment?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
because you don't get them often enough.

do you routninely break a law?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.