FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 14)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know. Didn't see the movie.

Did you remind yourself today that you're still a work in progress so you shouldn't be so hard on you?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
Dangit, I knew there was something I forgot to do.

Whats your favorite movie and song?

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
The first move that leapt to mind when I read that question was Moulin Rouge. Song, though ... humm ... maybe Daughters by John Mayer.

If Ultra Lord were coming to save the planet, who (in the same show) would probably get to it first?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean get to saving the planet, or get to Ultralord? The answers are Jimmy Neutron and Sheen, respectively.

What did I do to deserve this?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
You were bad - remember that thing you did and you thought nobody knew about it?

If Peter Pumkineater had a wife and couldn't keep her but put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her rather well, could he be subject to litigation?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends, how small was she? If she fit into a pumpkin shell there are only a couple of possibilities that aren't subject to litigation. One would be and I am not trying to be morbid, just analytical.

Theoretically Peter could be a widower, and if his wife and he loved pumpkin (as his name suggests) then would it not be a sane choice if she chose to be cremated, to have her remains put into a pumpkin shell?

I mean think of the possibilities * hmmmm, creatches head and decides to tell a little story about Peter *:

Peter morned after the passing of his wife until he found the pumpkin shell he the misses had carved so many days before she left this life. The pumpkin was on the edge of decay but still had some life left in it, much like Peter. So as he stared at the shell he came across a great idea in his mournful mind.

In his basement workshop he works diligently to perform the surgery on the pumpkin shell making great care to ensure that the shell would last as long as possible and not return to its path of decay. Finally when completed he takes the shell up to where the remain of his dearest still ly in wait to be put in their final resting place. He puts the ashes in the shell and makes a pact with his love to not let her leave his side again.

Three weeks later carry his wife's new shell with him Peter walks by the handyman store on the corner of Elm and Eugene just after the dusk of night begins to settle in he notices a bright red radio flyer wagon on diplay. And another great idea flashes in his mind, he purchases the flyer and set his bride inside so that his arms are not so tired of always having to carry her with him and so the two make their way back home with his new pumpkin shell buggy.

The End?

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

There is no end.

What's the beginning?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

In Medias Res

If there is no beggining can there ever really be an end?

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

There is none, no matter where you start.

What's the middle?

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
that dumb song by Jimmy Eat World...

Theres a category 4 hurricane coming in 10 minutes to your city. Everyone is being evacuated and as you are preparing to leave the city you come across your best friend, an old lady, and the girl of your dreams, all stranded with no means to escape the storm. You only have room in your car for one person, what do you do?

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Give my BF the car and send them off with the old lady... If she's the girl of my dreams, I'll dream with her forever.

What's next?

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

I dont know about you, but im up for some classic Mos Def.

Truth or Dare?

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Truth.

Anyone know who Ani Difranco is?

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

A Musician.

Anybody watch Seinfeld?

suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have, but I was too busy looking for a detergent for the blood stains all over my t-shirt...

How do you see the Big Picture of the Universe and your place in it?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
With a microscope. I am infinitely small in this endlessly vast universe of ours, and yet large enough to hold innumerable more just like it in the tiniest of hair folicles.

Would you rather choose the time/place/specifics of your death (w/i reasonable perimeters (define reasonable for yourself)) or have it be a suprise ending?

Edited for grammatically correctness

[ August 09, 2006, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Surprise.

Do you sing?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, although not in a professional capacity for almost four years now. [Frown]

How do you feel about the standards for interaction between consumers and those in customer service?

Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

You mean the computer that talks to you when you call Tech support?

Answering a question with a question really an answer to the question?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Why do you ask?

Why aren't my friends in my class?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

I honestly have no answer for that?

If energy can neither be created nor destroyed what happens to your energy when you pass on?

MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
That is part of what carries you into Heaven. Actually I have no idea but I believe that is where I am going so maybe that is what will happen to my energy.

Does it drive you nuts when people don't follow the rules.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I'm ususally one of those people.

Do you play any instruments?

suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
No, my musical talent is too close to none. [Wink]

Don't you think that "Rules are made to be broken" should be made into a rule?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Why waste the effort? As soon as it's made into a rule, it'll be broken. We're probably better off if we just keep it on as a 'rule of thumb'.

Do you think peace on earth is possible?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

As possible as a nuclear holocaust.

Do you think the current crisis in the middle east will lead to the third world war?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Yes, but not in the conventional sense.

Is it illegal to record my tapes into a digital format to play on my IPod?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
No, in the same way that it isn't illegal to copy your CD's onto tapes (as if anyone does that anymore (besides me that is)). It only becomes illegal if you share the files, allowing others to access them, and thereby robbing the performing artists.

Is it wise of me to follow the advice of fictional characters?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

No. Sound advice comes in many forms.

Is it wise of me to follow the advice of faceless posters on a message board?

vonk
Member # 9027

Yes. Now I advise you to buy me a sandwich.

Do you prefer you sandwiches messy with sauces that drip down your fingers and you get to lick up later, or dry? Or somewhere in between?

B34N
Member # 9597

Who needs the bread I just like the meat anyways.

Sunnyside up or scrambled?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Scrammbled all the way.

Who'll buy vonk a sandwich?

B34N
Member # 9597

The guy next to me on the subway already has one I'll take from him for Vonk.

Excuse me sire can I have your sandwich so that I may give it to vonk?

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
For Vonk? But of course!

But first I must ask: which do you like better, the German or English version of Barbie Girl?

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

The german if you don't speak the language at least you can't understand what they are saying.

How much is that doggy in the window?

OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
free!

What have you done in your life that you are proud of but would never brag about?

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
(Mmm, but wouldn't this count as bragging?) And I guess since I can't really think of anything that I must brag a lot. If anything, graduating with a bio degree even though I managed to fail half my classes.

What's the nicest thing that you've done for someone?

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

Make them laugh when they needed, give them a shoulder to cry on when there wasn't anyone else, and give them a hand when they needed it most.

Shaken or stirred?

vonk
Member # 9027

Straight up, on the rocks.

Where's that confounded bridge?

TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Over the River Kwai.

How do you lose a bridge?

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

First you start a band, flee the country that spawned you and gain a reputation abroad. Then, after the rest of the world has caught up, and you're busy recording your fifth studio album, you feel confident enough to leave the well-trodden paths behind and create music in stead of songs. Having finished a particular piece you'll notice you forgot to put in a bridge section and you'll wonder aloud where it might have hidden itself, forgetting that you were still recording...

Who'll stop the rain?

vonk
Member # 9027

(I just want to say that that was an excellent explanation Eduardo)

Thor will, if anyone can.

If you knew where in the world Carmen Sandiego was, would you turn her in or join her in her escapades?

Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
If I could have Rockapella around to sing, I'd definitely join in her escapades!

How do you stop the sky from falling?

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

With a really big car jack?

Why is the grass green?

Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't, some people just perceive certain kinds of grass as green because of cool light-wave-photosynthesis magical stuff.

Do you believe in rock and roll--can music save your mortal soul?

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
yes, but prayer will save your immortal soul.

Do you think I really believe that?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

If you didn't I guessing you would not have said it. Kudos.

Are those good ole boys still drinking whiskey and rye, sittin around sayin this will be the day that I die?

MandyM
Member # 8375

Yes, they all have cirrhosis and have been 3-6 months to live.

Whole wheat, white, or some other kind of bread?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

Pumpernickle (sp?) better known as dark rye.

Are there rules worth breaking?

MandyM
Member # 8375

Sure, it just bugs me when people can't be bothered to follow game rules. Otherwise, if a rule is stupid, break it.

In your mind, what rules?

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.