FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Lurker.

Fred Astaire or Gene Kelley?

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Elvis.

What's with all these choice questions?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
It's part of our Hatrack racial terrorist profiling scheme.

What is a word that you seem to use a lot in everyday conversation?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"The"

If I asked you very nicely, would you write me a five paragraph persuasive essay on why internet forums are a positive force in contemporary American culture?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
No.

I'm tired. Anyone have a problem with me skipping all my social obligations today and taking a nap instead?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Someone would have to say "yes".

What's next?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
In general, or specific to you? In general, the seventh of June, more hot weather, and probably more posting on Hatrack.

Specific to you, *massages temples and peers into crystal ball* I see a career-related surprise in your near future.

What do you come to Hatrack for?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I trust jatraqueros opinions on movies and books and such. And unfortunately I'm drawn to political threads like a moth to flame and it burns me up.

Vogon poetry or Airlock?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Vogon poetry please.

What is your least favorite kid's movie?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
101 Dalmatians

What do you like most about yourself?

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if other people don't think so, I'm freakin' hilarious.

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Cause I glitter myself with birdfeed?

Why can't people just live up to their freaking obligations?

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Because freaking obligations are a whole lot harder to live up to than regular obligations.

Would you like to buy some silver spoons from me?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
There is no spoon.

How tall are you?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
6'. Well, ok, ok 5'11 1/2'' if you must know. [Grumble]
So I'm riddled with insecurity, so what? [Angst] [Dont Know]

Did anyone miss my trademark ironic self-parody peppered with pathos?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Missed it by that much!

What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Saturday Morning. The work week is far enough behind me that I'm relaxed and I have the whole weekend ahead of me.

Who would you grant immortality to. If only one person in the world could have it.

MandyM
Member # 8375

Seeing as I think that is more curse than reward, I would want my hubby's ex-bosses to live forever. But I would need them to still grow old and to suffer a little.

What would you do if someone falsely accused you of being racist?

vonk
Member # 9027

Accuse them of a steriotype attributed to another race and laugh loudly. (aka not care)

If your boss blamed his mistake on you, and you knew that if you defended yourself it would make your worklife extremely unpleasant, would you do it?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Defend myself and threaten him with serious bodily harm.

Is pandering to the lowest common denominator better than not?

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

That question has Math terms in it- I'm on summer vacation.

Do you have a dog?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Yes.

How do you get over being bitter and angry rather than taking it out on the nearest target?

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Give it away, give it away, give it away, yeah!

What is the best thing about being alive?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Being able to value knowledge.

What is your most valued piece of information?

Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if any of my pieces of information are valued at all. [Cry]

Can you believe it's not butter?

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, I can. And I don't believe it is Shinola, either.

Do you think the last movie you saw at the cinema was worth the hefty ticket price?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! I got to sit next to my honey for 2 solid hours and be entertained for about what a fast food meal costs (give or take).

What is your favorite household chore?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Cooking. It leads to Eating.

What is more beautiful in art... Joy or Sadness?

suminonA
Member # 8757

Exaltation. [Wink]

What's your favorite M.C.Escher picture?

vonk
Member # 9027

This one.

What is your favorite picture that M.C. Escher drew?

suminonA
Member # 8757

The self-portret in the mirror [Wink]

What is your favorite "impossible" drawing made by M.C.Escher?

martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.schooner.com/~loverso/Public/Images/misc/m%20c%20escher/lizards.gif

What do you put in your pasta salad?

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Pasta.

Who is M.C.Escher?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
M.C. Escher is a brilliant artist. He does kind of abstract visual illusions. I had to do a report on him in my art class in seventh grade.

What song do I have stuck in my head right now?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

"I spent my last $10 on birth control and beer, my life was so much simpler when I was sober and queer"

Am I right?

MandyM
Member # 8375

I hope not considering Steve is only in the 7th grade (Kidding!).

What do you consider hopeless?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

My Art Career.

Want to know why?

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Sure Jeesh.

Why is your art career any more hopeless than mine?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

I got a C+ in Art!

Do you know why my art teacher was evil?

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Lead poisoning.

Will people eventually stop watching reality TV?

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I hope so.

Why would I have any song other than (New Wave) Polly, by Nirvana, stuck in my head?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Because George Clinton is the funk [Cool]

When was the last time you got really wasted?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
21st birthday - I can't remember anything after the Irish Car Bomb.

What's the best thing about travelin abroad?

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
The stimulation of comparing other cultures with yours and discovering great local cuisine and customs.

What other forums, if any, besides Hatrack, do you participate in?

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
A few on MySpace, Team-mayfield, and some boards on Invision on racing.

Do you have a favorite blanket?

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

No, but I do have a favorite pillow.

How do you get rid of fleas on your dog and what do you do to keep your dog from getting them in the first place?

vonk
Member # 9027

Advantage works really well for getting rid of the fleas on your dog. Flea Bombs work alright to get the fleas out of your house, but are kind of dangerous, so be careful. Regular flea dips are also a good way to keep the flees off.

What type of odor control device would you suggest for a houseful of dogs and cats?

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The SPCA. [Big Grin]

Where do you keep your heart?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

I left my heart in San Francisco.

What are you addicted to?

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oxygen.

What have you done since you were a child that you still do?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.