FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I loved the Burt Bacharach medley (another TV thread)

Author Topic: I loved the Burt Bacharach medley (another TV thread)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I know it doesn't need another thread, but too bad.

Is it bizarre that I just adored the 2 hour finale of American Idol last night? It was so entertaining, yea even entertaining and enjoyable enough to make me want to buy a ticket to the tour when they come through in September. [Eek!] Is it because I've been invested throughout the whole season and I got to enjoy all of the contestants? Is it because there were so many awesome guest singers that every time one came out I squealed in delight? Is it because this year's top 12 are so fricking talented that I just loved hearing ALL of them sing together and solo (Lisa!!!!)? Is it because of the adorable boy medley? Chris and Live? The Burt Bacharach medley?

Gosh, I just don't know, but I loved it. I wasn't going to stay up and watch the whole thing, but yeah, whatever. I loved how they ended with "I've had the time of my life" and I love how much Taylor and Katharine really seemed to enjoy each other. It was so much fun that it seemed like announcing the winner was just an afterthought. You know? I could have done without the golden idol awards, but some of them were cute enough to make me laugh.

Anyway, am I crazy?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not crazy, though I still haven't seen the whole thing yet. (DVR is a wonderful thing...)

I was into last season more than this one and I thought the finale last year was bloated and basically boring. This year I thought they did a much better job of making it entertaining. The awards were fun and I liked that they let the three cowboys who didn't make the top 24 sing together. They illustrated why they shouldn't sing in public, but it was fun anyway. [Smile] The guest singers paired up with the idols was really pretty neat to watch.

The thing with Prince was overlong, and not nearly as surpising as they made out as there have been rumors for months that he was going to appear on AI. And uh...while it's clear he's a showman, if what he sang is an illustration of what's on his new album, I can't say I'm even remotely interested. I was kinda bored with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing later when I have time.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.