FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Hockey Playoffs Post

Author Topic: Random Hockey Playoffs Post
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
So those of you that enjoy the fine sport of hockey are seeing a Edmonton Oilers VS Buffalo or Carolina approaching fast. Aside from the sport itself much has been happening in the world based around the fan base of what is happening. I am living in Edmonton and get to see it first hand, and I have some video of what exactly goes on down here - This is a small video with about 30 others I have from May 27th
on what we call Whyte Ave. Fans on May 27

Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
These aren't the hockey fans. These are the "Hockey is a great excuse to go out and get drunk and cause chaos" fans. They are probably the same group that did pretty much the same thing on Canada Day a couple of years ago.

It is stupid though.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually posted about these events in the "HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY" thread yesterday. As solo said, it's a non-representative group of people who use any excuse to go wild. It's sad if anyone bases their opinion of hockey (or any sport) fans on any particularly stupid incident. In reality we're just peaceful, mullet-sporting people who like to cheer on our teams.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, It was just eye opening to watch and be in the middle. It is entirly different just being IN it then watching from the outside.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.