FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me remember this movie...

Author Topic: Help me remember this movie...
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
It's partially animated, partially live action. It starts on a farm with a rooster named Chantecler, I think.

This rooster's crows wakes up the whole world, but he loses it and the world is put into chaos. So, this little boy goes on an adventure and helps Chantecler get his crow back.

Ringing any bells?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102802/

"Rock-a-doodle"?

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock-A-Doodle perhaps?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat! Beaten to it!

Good job EL

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That's exactly right. Thank you very much.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the one movie more than any that scared the bejeezes out of me when I was a little kid.

I don't remember why.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
The owl was freakin' creepy, that's why.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that Rock-A-Doodle was made when you were a kid makes me feel old. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock-A-Doodle was made when I was, like 10. I think. I loved that movie. Can't say why, it was pretty awful.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked "We're Back" but I probably wouldn't like it now. [Smile] Rockadoodle I saw previews for but never saw it.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
That was the one movie more than any that scared the bejeezes out of me when I was a little kid.

I don't remember why.

I think All Dogs Go to Heaven was even scarier.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
All Dogs Go to heaven was scary, the sequel was worse.

But the scariest movie I have ever seen was The Little Mermaid.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I ADORE rock-a-doodle! It was awesome! When we read The Canterbury Tales this year, and got to the part about CHauntecleer, no one could understand why I was so excited. But I still have it on tape somewhere...I'll have to go find that...
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by Earendil18:
I liked "We're Back" but I probably wouldn't like it now. [Smile] Rockadoodle I saw previews for but never saw it.

I don't know. I saw We're Back! on Toon Disney the other day. The animation was never great, but the story had a certain charm.

I thought it was still pretty good.

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought this was going to be an "It doesn't DO anything... that's the beauty of it" thread. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Maybe it is... [Evil Laugh]
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
The Brave Little Toaster was the freakiest movie ever... To this day, I still get chills. I've never been freaked out that much watching any movie except for this one.

"Watch yourself, don't fall off of the shelf"

"You must be the new boys in town..."

"It's too late, he's got to operate..."

Or even better, when all the high-tech gadgets are singing about how much better they are...

The Worthless song... Oh, and when that Air Conditioner goes berzerk!

That movie is not for children!

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and thanks for the title... Funny, it's a coincidence... But a couple of months back, I was trying to remember this movie about a rooster and a kid... COuldn't remember the name.

Rock-a-Doodle. Wow. It's been a while since I've seen that movie.

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, I loved The Brave Little Toaster as a kid, even though it scared me witless. Actually, I think I still have the tape downstairs and I might just go watch it. Thanks for reminding me.
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to see TBLT again. That movie always freaked me out. Thanks for reminding me! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved both Rock-a-Doodle and TBLT. No one else in my family liked them, but I couldn't get enough. I think I have TBLT somewhere on VHS, but I think I'll have to visit my local Blockbuster to find Rock-a-Doodle. What a great movie.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It starts on a farm with a rooster named Chantecler,
One of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, I believe.

[Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this thread title and immediately though, "It doesn't do anything. That's the beauty of it."
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

Yeah, I always loved watching that little toaster... He was so brave. I liked it even if it did scare me witless.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Okay, so I have another random childhood question for Hatrack. What was the movie that was about a bunch of dinosaurs that ended up in New York City? It was animated, I believe. I've been trying to think of the name all night, but I just can't come up with it.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordObsidian
Member # 9482

- posted      Profile for LordObsidian   Email LordObsidian         Edit/Delete Post 
"We're back"
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

yes, you're right. What a quality movie.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Name this movie:

Marky Mark starts dating High School Reese Witherspoon. CSI GUY (Reese's dad) hates Marky Mark. Reese and Marky do it. The next day, Marky sees her hugging another guy, and he beats the crap out of him. Then some other stuff happens, and somehow they break up and Marky Mark turns into creepy stalker man, and it turns out he's running a drug cartel or a sex ring or raping people or I don't know what. Marky Mark and Dirty Metal Guy decide to break into Reese's house and kill CSI Guy.

...it was actually kind of interesting.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Fear
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.