FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DC area Hatrackers! August 19-20 - Come help plan! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DC area Hatrackers! August 19-20 - Come help plan!
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you nearly blinded Chris with that one. [Eek!]

[Wink]

[great. New page. Now you just gotta go back and see what the heck I'm talking about, huh?]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe.

I had a lot of fun this weekend. We really should have another DC-Con soon. It's time Dag proved his existence (I'm starting to wonder). [Smile] Pictures will be up tonight.

Notes for Rivka: Here's The Barista Series I told you about. Also, Stargate is now available on iTunes.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*LAUGH*

That is an awesome premise. I am going to be a very good girl, and wait to read those until I am at home.

If anything could get me to do iTunes, SG is the thing. But given that I'm leaving town AGAIN in just over a week, I think I'll resist.

For now, anyway. [Wink]

I had a WONDERFUL time yesterday! Great to meet so many new people, and to see old friends again. [Smile]

And I'm actually a bit worried about our no-shows. Has Dags posted at all on Hatrack today?

*goes to check*

Not since the 19th. *frets*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Only the current seasons of stargate are available on iTunes, sadly.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

When you say current, you mean those that have not yet hit DVD? Well, considering that I own all the DVDs . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

[Big Grin]

I just mean the ones of SG-1 and Atlantis currently airing new episodes. Also, keep in mind that the quality of the videos is nowhere near DVD quality (though that keeps download times very reasonable). I consider them adequately good quality to watch full screen on my 17 inch monitor, but only barely.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

So, say then 200th episode of SG-1 that aired the other night, f'rinstance?

*very tempted*

fugu13
Member # 2859

Hmm, it only has up to episode 5 of season 10 right now, I wonder how long they have the delay set for.

There's no cost to get an iTunes account, and when its available it will be $1.99.

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fugu13:
Only the current seasons of stargate are available on iTunes, sadly.

I know that's horrible, I missed all of Season 2 of Atlantis and am so lost in the new season.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

I just checked. That one's not up there yet.

Edit: Too slow.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana Bailey
Member # 8313

- posted      Profile for Diana Bailey   Email Diana Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say how very much I enjoyed meeting everyone in Washington DC this weekend. Karl and Chris, your wonderful lunch stuff was really appreciated. This may sound odd, but I was reminded how rarely I get the opportunity to talk with people who are between the ages of 25-35...and how much I earn and think about when I do get that chance. You all were extremely kind to Rivka's old teacher...I am so glad I came. Worth ten hours of driving time? In a heartbeat. I hope the 75 party actually happens...hint, hint...until next time, THANK YOU!
Posts: 42 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Oh, it will happen one way or another, Diana. We may all be sitting around in a construction zone, but it will happen. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Diana Bailey:
I was reminded how rarely I get the opportunity to talk with people who are between the ages of 25-35...

Clearly, you should call me more often. [Wink]

[Kiss]

Miro
Member # 1178

Sorry for the delay. I got distracted last night.

Here are my photos from the weekend.

Anyone heard from Dag yet?

rivka
Member # 4859

I see what y'all meant about those koi!
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
yay! Pictures are up.

No word from Dag as far as I know.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
And I'm actually a bit worried about our no-shows. Has Dags posted at all on Hatrack today?

*goes to check*

Not since the 19th. *frets*

I'm sorry if I caused anyone to worry. I missed the picnic for a stupid reason. I didn't post about it because by the time I realized I would miss it, everyone going would have already left. I didn't have any cell numbers.

After that, I haven't been on. I was so wrapped up in stuff that I haven't checked the board since then. It didn't occur to me that anyone would worry, although it should have.

So, sorry for standing people up and for not posting sooner about it.

Sounds like you all had a great time.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're okay!

I am starting to question your realness. You and KarlEd have never been in the same room.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

We did, although we missed you two. Sorry no one realized in advance that you didn't have anyone's cell -- I think it is STILL true that no one has mine except for Katie and Diana! [Blushing]

I'll try not to take your absence personally. [Wink]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Not having a cell was my fault - I meant to ask, but forgot.

Kat, the good news is that you live close enough that, even if Karl isn't there, I can demonstrate that either:

1.) I am a different person than KarlEd, or

2.) I am a shape shifter of enormous talent.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
2.) I am a shape shifter of enormous talent.
HEY! I'm not that big. [Grumble]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Big Grin] I was assuming I'd have to shrink to impersonate you.
Diana Bailey
Member # 8313

- posted      Profile for Diana Bailey   Email Diana Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! The first picture of me outside of a group shot in four years...so that's what I look like to others. Great pics, and I really enjoyed the other albums (is that what you call them?) too.

Who ever you are, Dagonee, I am looking forward to meeting you someday. Everyone trully missed you, and WANTED to believe you have a real existence beyond this forum.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my and Sharpie's photos from the Arboretum on Saturday.

Enjoy!

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Diana,
I, for one, am looking forward to seeing you post more on Hatrack. You were a joy to have in the group.

John/Sharpie, those photos are great. Now I feel bad for procrastinating. All my photos are still in the camera.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, the cracker barrel thing failed to generate any excitement with my relatives so we're going to six flags instead.
P.S. cool pictures, Miro [Smile]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Viewing those pictures makes me happy. It's good to know that there are sane, happy people within 100 miles of where I live.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You're just rubbing in the fact that you didn't deign to join us. [Cry]
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm really not. I was sorely tempted to come.

Instead, I helped my brother-and-sister-in-law move to Christiansburg, and then took the family to Busch Gardens. While I won't provide pictures (forgot the stupid camera), we had LOTS of fun for a last-minute-late-summer fling.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Family obligations come first. [Smile]

(And this way, I can pretend it's not that you're avoiding me. [Wink] )

Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Viewing those pictures makes me happy. It's good to know that there are sane, happy people within 100 miles of where I live.

Who said anything about sane?
rivka
Member # 4859

Shhhhh! Don't you want him to consider coming to the next one?
Miro
Member # 1178

Yeah. Sane people aren't nearly as much fun as the rest of us.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.