FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two Guys, Diet Coke, Mentos, and Too Much Time on Their Hands

Author Topic: Two Guys, Diet Coke, Mentos, and Too Much Time on Their Hands
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A thing of beauty!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty impressive.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm in love...
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That is one of the best/funniest things I have ever seen. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
that is cool
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We did that experiment in high school chem. We used a 20 ounce diet sprite, and did it on the second floor deck of the school, it was visible from the road.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it take a long time to load the video, or is it just my machine?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Hatrack. Sort of like a safe gateway into the bizarre world of the Internet. (Elizabeth, it was taking forever to load so I just hit play when the gray bar had extended out what I deemed a decent distance and it worked fine.)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
It looked like they were have a blast!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Science at its best!
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this video. It's perfect!

I love science.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, that's great. I didn't even know you could do that until I saw a video of a friend of mine doing it at college.

I love it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
That's been floating around here at work today too. Good stuff!
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Not too much time if it's actually entertaining.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the explanation, because it also seems to cover the mountain-dew-volcano trick (you can make a volcano out of a glass of mountain dew, lots of pepper, and some salt).
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Cartridge

The first big step is making a cartridge of Mentos. Holding a Mento with a pair of pliers, you can drill a small hole through the center. Do not drill a hole through your hand the way Matt did. Repeat: do not drill a hole through your hand the way Matt did.

String together five or six of your new "Mento-beads," onto a straightened paper clip or a piece of fishing line.

The Cap

Holding a bottle cap with a pair of pliers, you can drill a hole (say 1/4 inch in diameter) through the top of the cap. Be careful here. If you are under age 35, please get help from an adult. Don't forget Matt. We want you to have full use of all your fingers for many years to come.

I wish I'd done something productive with my life.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
As opposed to my wife's reaction, which was basically, "Who's going to clean that up?"
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter pointed out that they were going to be all sticky.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well worth it, I would say. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.