FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tell me who you really are (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tell me who you really are
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
. . . but not before you ask your doctor about Crestor.

Then prepare to die. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Darth Vader

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

Now wait just a dang minute! How can you be both Darth Vader and James Tiberius Kirk? Vader is from a gallaxy far far away.

And from a long time ago, I might add.

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Vader is from a gallaxy far far away.
And from a long time ago, I might add.

And that's what wormholes are for.
Darth Vader is what J.T. Kirk does on his days off. Remember, they didn't have holodecks back then. They had to make their own entertainment.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

Oh yeah. I forgot about the wormhole effect.

I guess I'm just not up to par today. [Embarrassed]

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I am Sam. Sam I am.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Knock, Knock.

'Who's there?'

'Doctor.'

'Doctor...?'

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a big fan of Orson Scott Card's books and mind in general (when he is not loosing it).
Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
To add onto Bella's...

quote:
It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world's turning and you can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am
[Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Your worst nightmare.

You know, the one with your uncle and not studying for the algebra test?

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what I know; I've said what I've said; we come and we go, that's the thing that I keep at the back of my head.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
For all of you Babylon 5 fans out there:

"Who am I? I'm Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I'm death incarnate and the last living thing that you're ever going to see. God sent me."

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I believe the correct quote is "You keeled my father."
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
You are you and I am I, you do your thing and I do mine, but if in the end we are together- it's beautiful.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am she and he is me and we are all together. So there. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ -- YOU are the eggman?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
I am Sam. Sam I am.

I have the primary rights to that answer!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

But would you, could you with a goat?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
KQ -- YOU are the eggman?

But I am the Walrus. Goo goo g'joob.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Call me Ishmael.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
"I am," I said, to no one there.

And no one heard me.

Not even the chair.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ReikoDemosthenes:

Nice. I guess I get to be Javert.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
"I am," I said, to no one there.

And no one heard me.

Not even the chair.

Oh, the chair heard you alright.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know? Tell me who you really are....
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, come to think of it, the chair was all like, "Woah! I heard THAT!"
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I am doG
I am goD?
I am barely me: Sam. with a period 'cause it's an abbreviation for Samuel.
I am anal retententive, my beer labels must always face the same way, my wine doesn't have to, only the frogs have a snowball's chance of knowing.
I am.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
There are some who would call me....Tim?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the very model of a modern major General.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They often call me Speedo, but my real name is Mr. Earl.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm version 2.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm...confused...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the Iceman.

I cometh.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! We don't need another of those threads around here!

Somebody warn the moose.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I am also all that is.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not playing anymore.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Steev:
I'm not playing anymore.

Either a Lord of the Flies reference or a South Park ("The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers") reference. Which is it?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a lonely and a lonesome traveler.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
From far, from morn and even
And yon twelve-winded sky
The stuff of life to knit me
Blew hither. Here am I.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, not important enough to be listed by name in my dad's wikipedia article. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You could edit yourself in... [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in (not by my own doing, even, although indirectly due to my suggestion). Someone edited me out.

I have no interest in a wiki-fight. I'd rather whine here. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the person around which the world revolves. [Big Grin]
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Now, for a breath, I tarry
Nor yet disperse apart.
Take my hand quick and tell me
What have you in your heart?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
In my heart, I have love of all and all for love.
Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Soy lo que Soy.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Hispanic Popeye?
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

A child of Mescalito, Mary Jane and the Sun.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Speak now and I will answer
How shall I help you, say?
Ere to the wind's twelve quarters
I take my endless way.

Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I am that which I am. And if you don't like it...

Just be nice anyways. Please?

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.