FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » a cheap place to stay (in Barcelona)

Author Topic: a cheap place to stay (in Barcelona)
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
So. Does anyone know of a cheap (and I mean _really_ cheap, poor student that I am) hostel or something in Barcelona?

I'm planning to go there in July (yeeeeey! yeeeey! Spain!!!! [Big Grin] ) and any useful tip would be much appreciated [Smile]

Happy holiday to everyone! [Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Motel Seises? (Saldrán de la luz encendido para ti)
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going there alone or with friends?

Edit: The reason I'm asking is because there are some cheap hotels, but they look... hmm... really cheap. And I wouldn't want to stay in there alone. [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
Does Barcelona have any youth hostels (most major european cities have several.

Stayed at a dozen or so of those in my life and had a serious blast at them all (not to mention dirt cheap).

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Cheap hotels in Europe creep me out...

Make sure you have electricity and hot water 24 hours a day. I learned my lesson, thank you very much Cannes.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Barcelona should have many cheap hostels that usually have rooms free when you just turn up or can be booked in advance. Do a Google search for Barcelona and hostels and see what you get.

Hey look at that, I was useful.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Jebus, you aren't useful till you give him a link.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be just too useful for my liking.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
oolung, I remember a number of hostels from when I lived in Barcelona last year. Go to Hostel World

for a listing. This site also allows you to book reservations for any hostel online. I recommend you stay as close to downtown and Grand Via as possible. The nearer the water the better. BA has a good metro system, so getting around will be easy.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Barcelona has tons of hostels. Orincoro's HostelWorld link is a good place to look - it has descriptions and reviews, besides being able to book through them. Another good research site is Tripadvisor.com, which I like because there are reviews on everything - hotels, things to see and do, restaurants, etc.

When I was there about four years ago, I stayed at Pension Bahia, which is just off Las Ramblas nearish to Plaza Catalunya. It was pretty nice - clean, quiet, and friendly, but not super-exciting. I've heard that Gothic Point is a fun place, and Kabul Hostel has a reputation as a big party hostel, if you're into that (which I'm not, but YMMV).

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

Thanks for help, everybody! [Smile] I'm going with one friend and we're both girls - should we be very careful, Corwin? [Smile] 'Cause when I say cheap, I really mean it [Big Grin] (short of money right now, but not afraid of cold water, heheh)

I've already checked out the Hostel World, but the cheapest place I've found was 40 minutes' drive from Barcelona. [Smile]

I think there's a possibility of finding cheap accomodation in students' dorms during summer, but I can't find anything.

Jebus, your helpfulness makes me eternally indebted to you [Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Beware hostels featuring hot European chicks with ecstasy. And under no circumstances should you have sex with them. All hot European chicks who offer you sex and drugs are working for people who will kidnap you and let people pay to kill you.

...all I know about hostels, I learned from American movies. But if a movie says it, it must be true!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sex with hot European chicks on ecstacy?

Might be worth getting kidnapped.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

Yeah, like... I'll remember it. Thanks for the tip [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(is there an option with hot Spanish guys? Sorry, but hot chicks don't turn me on... if anything, I just get jealous about their sexiness [Wink] )

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.