FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Girl, 14, sues MySpace over alleged sex assault (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Girl, 14, sues MySpace over alleged sex assault
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I've said it once, Ill say it again from the age of 12 to about 21 men are demon spawn and should be locked up.

Well, not all of us. I was the nice kid all the mothers wanted their daughters to date. And the ones who did couldn't have been in safer hands. At the time I just thought I was extra-righteous. [Wink]
Uh, yeah . . . total ditto. I'm the nice guy the girls' mothers want them to date. And I'm the least likely to make advances, for the same reason. Not the "extra-righteous
one, though I still have a pretty clean moral record with guys too . . .

Heh, my best friend's mom hopes her daughter and I will get married. My friend called the Christmas gift from her mom to our family "the dowry".

On a more related note: honestly, there is no excuse for poor supervision of children. MySpace has not been charged to act in loco parentis--the resposibility of insuring the safety of one's child online is totally one's own.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk:
quote:
AUSTIN, Texas - A 14-year-old girl who says she was sexually assaulted by another user of MySpace.com sued the social networking Web site Monday, claiming it does not take sufficient steps to protect underage members.
Wow. Whatever happened to "No amount of money can assuage the pain and suffering our family has endured?"

I'm wondering if MySpace should sue the family, claiming that "it does not take sufficient steps to protect underage members."

--j_k

[ROFL]
JtK wins the thread!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.