FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Transformers Teaser Trailer is in disguise...

Author Topic: The Transformers Teaser Trailer is in disguise...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...sort of. It suddenly popped up on the official site today. Unfortunately, so many people are hitting the site that many still can't see it.

Still, it -is- supposed to be there. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never geeked out on anything before...Except for this trailer...OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!!!
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Finally saw it!

And it -is- a tease.

Still, since filming began on May 29th, 2006 I wasn't expecting more than that anyway. [Cool]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
see above*

-zoom!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not quite enough for me. I guess I just do not know about the movie.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave up halfway through. That little robot looked nothing like the Transformers I grew up with.

Why do they mess with the classics? Gah!

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
what a tease.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
I gave up halfway through. That little robot looked nothing like the Transformers I grew up with.

You missed the part where the little robot gets smashed by a decepticon! *Fan girl squeeeeeeeee!* Whoops. That was embarassing.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, that is freakin COOL!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I still can't get it to load...
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat Trailer.

Now it REALLY has me wondering as to the plot of the movie. It isn't going to be at all like the actual Transformers: The Movie. It's going to be more like a first encounter thing, perhaps back when they first gained the ability to transform.

Voice acting has me most worried. When will they announce the voice actors!!??

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

They have Kevin Dunn slated to do Sparkplug. Don't have any idea who Kevin Dunn is, however.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
That little robot looked nothing like the Transformers I grew up with.

Good thing the little robot was an Earth probe and not a Transformer then, eh? [Wink]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The film makers have said the film will be AU (Alternate Universe) to the accepted "Generation One" continuity, Lyr. There will be some differences, and some similarities.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Finally saw it... What's all the fuss about? It showed nothing!

quote:

That's gotta be a first; declaring a movie a failure from watching half of a teaser trailer! You should have at least waited to see the part where it shows a glimpse of an actual transformer. [Wink]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, don't try to defend it. You're all just embarassing yourselves.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it just the Mars rover footage, with its subsequent destuction? That was a let down.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, maybe pre Spiderman 3 teaser that might have been good...but now I expect more. that showed nothing.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I still have been unable to load the damn thing.

[Frown]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with this, is since it's posted on the transformers movie site and you know it's for transformers, it really is just a letdown as they don't show anything.

Imagine seeing this in a theater, especially if you didn't already know they were even making a transformers movie. It sets it up like any generic sci-fi suspense movie, then you get a glimpse of the robot and just enough time to go "Wait a sec was that-" and the title hits.

The point of a teaser is not to show what the movie is going to be like, just to announce its presence and try to get people excited about the possibilities. The full trailers will show actual footage when they come out almost a year from now.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so awesome. I can't believe it's going to be a whole YEAR away! GAH!

I hope they keep the same basic theme song, and just update it a little. If I don't get to sing, "Robots in disguise!" I'm going to be sad.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe anyone thought doc was serious [Smile]

Hilarious, doc [Smile]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
That teaser was awesome.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait! How can you see it and I can't?! <cries>
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got more riding on this movie than I did on LotR and Narnia combined. I was a transfan long before I'd even heard of Frodo and Aslan. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
,..... swamp what have you not been telling us?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarfa
Member # 579

- posted      Profile for sarfa   Email sarfa         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Bay ::shudders::

He just might be the worlds worst living director.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I take it Uwe Boll doesn't exist in your world? [Smile]
sarfa
Member # 579

- posted      Profile for sarfa   Email sarfa         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, maybe there are worse directors (but not very many), but that in no way makes Michael Bay good. I really wish he wasn't envolved with this movie. Of course, I'll probably go see it anyway.
Posts: 748 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump, cause I just saw this in the theaters before Pirates, and the preview was AWESOME! I knew they were making the movie, but didn't know it had a teaser out.

It was a perfect teaser. The theater was packed and everyone applauded for it! I'm totally fan-boying out right now.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and if you want to see it, this is a good site.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael freaking Bay?

Blegh..

So, is Transformers going to end up like Pearl Harbor, Armaggedon, Bad Boys, or the Island? I really don't hold out much hope that it will end up like The Rock.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
And the guys who did the screenplay are:

John Rogers, who is responsible for The Core and Catwoman.

Roberto Orci, who started as a writer on Hercules, Xena, and Jack of All Trades. (with 9 episodes co-writing Alias over the first three seasons)

and

Alex Kurtzman, who also started with Hercules and Jack of All Trades. (also with 9 episodes cowriting Alias over the first three seasons)

This does not bode well.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
"Imagine seeing this in a theater, especially if you didn't already know they were even making a transformers movie. It sets it up like any generic sci-fi suspense movie, then you get a glimpse of the robot and just enough time to go "Wait a sec was that-" and the title hits. "

I saw the teaser before Pirates and I can tell you that this was my EXACT reaction. It got me excited to see it and I didn't even grow up with Transformers.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.