FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hate groups using the military as a training ground

Author Topic: Hate groups using the military as a training ground
Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
Member # 9384

- posted      Profile for Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy           Edit/Delete Post 
Link (free NYT registration required)

quote:
The report said that neo-Nazi groups like the National Alliance, whose founder, William Pierce, wrote "The Turner Diaries," the novel that was the inspiration and blueprint for Timothy J. McVeigh's bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building, sought to enroll followers in the Army to get training for a race war.

The groups are being abetted, the report said, by pressure on recruiters, particularly for the Army, to meet quotas that are more difficult to reach because of the growing unpopularity of the war in Iraq.

[Eek!]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh baloney.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how well that strategy works seeing as how neo nazis in the army would be forced to not only work with minority group soldiers, they would have to take orders from them.

It is to be hoped that after spending 4 years in the Army neo nazi's would be influenced for good and we would have nothing to worry about.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember not even knowing the n-word until I was probably about 10 years old. It never even occurred to me to treat someone different because of their skin color. What mattered was whether their parents were in the Army or just in one of those 'other' branches.

You were either green, or you were nothing.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries. The military is secretely run by us Jews anyways. These guys won't get very far.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Secretely? Is that a glandular method of control?
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

Glandular? I'm not familiar with the word in that context.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

You misspelled secretly as secretely, as in to secrete...
Stephan
Member # 7549

Ah!!! Heh. Smarta**.
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't hear anything about the neo-nazis until now. I have heard multiple times that gangs were sending in their members to learn how to handle military weapons and conduct street warfare.

I think that is far more scary then fringe hate groups because I could see gangs as being far more organized and goal oriented.

One report I read was about how rival gang members fought side by side together in Iraq--both parties knowing the other party was a rival gang member. They kept their cool and cooperated for survival, but once they got back to the US, all bets were off.

They also gained access to bring/sneak home military grade weapons. [Angst]

I no longer have the paper articles. Maybe someone else has read it? I forgot where I read it from. It has been a while.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
This is nothing new, I had a group like that try and "recruit" me while I was in the Army.

A soldier, who up to that point had been really cool to me and had helped me out a lot, asked me all sorts of leading questions on night while we were having a drink in his room. I thought he was kidding at first, as he didn't strike me the type to fall for this type of bull$hit, but he was fairly serious.

I just left. I made it fairly clear what I thought of his views, and walked out.

I recieved invitations to go rappelling and drinking with him and his friends after that, but I never went. They had SKS's in their trunks and enjoyed target practice a little TOO much, if you ask me.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what are you going to do, deny people military training on the basis of their political opinions? Anyway, considering that most of the military is (as I understand it) recruited from the poorer classes anyway, which presumably means blakcs are disproportionately represented, a few fascist bastards won't make much of a difference if the 'race war' ever comes.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Today on Democracy Now they covered this story. They said that there have been multiple instances of arian graffiti and that the presence is well known to the military leaders, who apparently don't want to make too much of this because it'll cause parents to become even more concerned about their enlisting children's lives, as if the threat of being recruited by a gang would be worse than death.

[ July 08, 2006, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.