FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack and World of Warcraft (Page 1)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Hatrack and World of Warcraft
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, people. I only recently (yes, laugh at me) started playing the awesome World of Warcraft. So recently that my main character is only lvl 13. So I wanted to ask if there are some Hatrackers pslaying WoW, and if there are some Hatrack Guild going on (If there isn't on, could we make one?)

I know the game's been going for about two years but you know...third world country...things take a while to appear... [Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
There are roughly 180 realms worldwide which unfortuantely leads to decidedly low chances of anyone here actually being on the same realm.

I've got alliance toons on Dark Iron and Ki'jaeden and a low level horde toon on Ysondre.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Characters on Crushridge and Stonemaul
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Azgalor here.

We could just pick a realm and start a Guild there. Of course, we'd have to pick between Horde and Alliance.

Lvl 19 human warrior. Every time I finally begin to play again, something gets in the way.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I was thinking...we could pick a realm and start a Guild there. I play at Warsong, but I'd be willing to start a new char elsewhere.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I already run a guild on Stonemaul. Called OMG Guild. We have a bright green tabard with a purple monkey's face on it.

I've got a priest, level 40 or 41 named Heysues. Usually on in the evenings, and would be willing to send invites to anyone who wishes to join. We got a good, relatively well behaved group that plans on doing mostly PVP when we hit 60, and some 20 man raids.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Kel Thuzad for me: Have a 60 Hunter and 40 Priest (Alliance.) Already in a raiding guild called Banana Syndicate.

But I might be interested in starting just a fun project character to play around with in a realm you all think would be fun playing in. Role Playing anyone?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a lvl 55 Troll Hunter on Sen'jin.

I'm big into PVP and have a bit of a rep.

But hey, once we're able to fight against other servers in the BGs we'll be able to group with and against eachother, right? So level up and practice your pvp. Join me, or get pwnd.

Pernicia, of the Horde.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Role Playing would be nice for me, although some people think it's a bit boring :-)

I'd go for it.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I hate to suggest throwing another $25 at Blizzard, it is entirely possible for Hatrackers to congregate on a single realm now. Shame the same system has done a serious number on my main server...

That being said, if anyone has an Alliance character on Arthas, or Horde on Bloodscalp, Darkspear, Shattered Hand, or Frostmane send me an e-mail. I could resurrect one of them and keep playing.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 60 warrior and 53 warlock on Maelstrom. However, I am transferring the warrior to Silver Hand, so that I can play with my brother, who has a 60 paladin. Warrior/paladin combos own the BGs!

I'd be willing to start a new character on another server, if enough people are up for it. I've always wanted to make a priest.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

If I'm not wrong, we need at least 9 people to start a Guild.
As for the Server, would you rather choose a high-populated one or an emptier realm?

Fitz
Member # 4803

You just need 10 people to sign a guild charter in order for the guild to form. They can be completely random people, who are just signing to be nice, and who usually leave the guild after it's formed. Once the guild is actually formed, it can exist with only one member.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I wonder if my Salamander Army guild still exists... Pre-made guild just for us!
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
A semi large population to me would be nice
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Architraz...if this "Salamander Army" still exists...it would be nice.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

I shall check when I get home. I helped start it up with some real life (military cadet) friends and I know it isn't currently active, so if it wasn't /gdisbanded I should be able to wrest control away.

EDIT: To add, if it doesn't exist and we simply start a new guild from scratch, I'd say we pick a realm that someone has a few roots on just so we can have the money to found it without having to hurt levelling and training.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you pick a brand spanking new server so you can sell resources at artificially high prices? Mining and skinning FTW.

Plus you can pwn from the beginning.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

Doesn't a guild charter only cost 10 silver anyways? IIRC, the more expensive part is designing a tabard, which is still only 1 gold or something small like that.

I'm all for starting on a new server.

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
My list of shame (i.e. how much time I've wasted on this accursed game):

Arthas: 50 pally who I haven't played in about a year
Stormscale: recently stopped playing these regularly
60 Rogue (Has done everything through Huhuran)
60 Priest (Has done through AQ20 and ZG and all but the last two pieces of Tier 0.5)
31 Druid
29 Hunter

Demon Soul: Currently my main server
39 Mage (Current main character)
14 Warrior (Current Main alt)

also about a dozen other alts on a few servers that are all under 12.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

quote:
Originally posted by Fitz:
Doesn't a guild charter only cost 10 silver anyways? IIRC, the more expensive part is designing a tabard, which is still only 1 gold or something small like that.

I'm all for starting on a new server.

Designing a tabard is 10g, purchasing one aftyer that is 1g. I think actually starting the guild is indeed only 10s these days though (I've played since the days of Beta, and this has changed).
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Newish server has appeal, as Pix says...And, since starting a guild is only 10s...it shouldn't be too much a problem. We could put all hatrackers in our friend lists while we join the money and soon we'd have our guild.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
lvl 23 mage on gilnius i dont play much though playing Eve-Online, Scifi Uber Alles
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
I could only stomach the game for about a week. My firends kept telling me how awesome it was, so I stuck it out for a second week, but when I was logging in to show my firends I "gave it a chance" rather than because it was fun and I wanted to. . . . . . . . No more WoW for me.

EQ2 on the other hand. . . . . Still hopelessly addicted to that.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I get to be the first to say this:

[Laugh]

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

Be nice to nerds -- you may end up working for one some day. . . .
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

2 of my students are on my WoW friend list. What does it say about me?

[ July 13, 2006, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I'll pick one server. Then I'll let you know, so we can play together, ok?
Magson
Member # 2300

Befallen server, EQ2 . . . .much more fun. . . [Razz]

(Sorry, can't resist.)

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

It may be fun, but one online RPG charging monthly fees is enough for me :-)
Who knows? Someday I might try Everquest.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

EQ2 was ok, but no PVP. And my class was totally gimped. I quit when I hit levels 50/50.
Unicorn
Member # 216

- posted      Profile for Unicorn           Edit/Delete Post 
I've only been playing for about four or five months, but I have six charactors. My highest level is a 36 Tauran Druid on Terenas. I have 3 other hoard charactors on that server. I also have an alliance toon in Lightning Hoof, and one in Bronzebeard.

Whats really bad is hubby. He has been playing just a few weeks longer than I, and he already make Level 60 rogue undead on Terenas, and is a Blood Guard, exaulted with Frostwolf Clan (Lots of AV)

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Exalted with the frostwolvs is really easy, actually. I'm almost there and I've done very few AVs.

However, the Warsong Outriders took forever to get exalted. Even winning almost every game.

I'm a Centurion (rank 9) and level 56 now.

hmm.. no wonder my comic only updates once a week...

Come to Sen'jin, man and get pwnd. (And Stay away from da voodoo)

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
The majority of my charaters (lots of them, 2 60s) are Alliance on Doomhammer.

I have a few other assorted very low level toons on Mal'Ganis, Sen'jin, Duskwood, Kul Tiras, Icecrown, and Warsong (if I haven't deleted any of them).

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Must...not...start WoW again...

<struggles to resist>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 216

- posted      Profile for Unicorn           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL erosomniac.

You...must...join...us.. [Smile]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Join us Homer... It's bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
DONT DO IT!

and for the love of all that may-or-may-not-be-holy if you haven't played the game trust me that it's fantastic but you don't want to start.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

It IS addicting :-)
Magson
Member # 2300

quote:
EQ2 was ok, but no PVP. And my class was totally gimped. I quit when I hit levels 50/50.
There are sevral PvP servers now, if that's what floats your boat (though Befallen isn't one of them). And the level cap is 70 too.
Magson
Member # 2300

quote:
There are several PvP servers now, if that's what floats your boat.

Everybody thinks their class is gimped. Except coercers. We rule all.

And the level cap is now 70.

KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone want to send me an invite via refer-a-friend? I'm thinking of starting WoW, and someone ought to get some free time out of it. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

I sent an invite to the e-mail in your profile. Enjoy!
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I'll check it when I get home. I just bought the game at lunch (didn't want to take the time to download it), but I'll use your email to register.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Karl, tell me in which server you'll create your first character. I can create one there so we can quest together sometime. Others hatrackers who are willing to start fresh characters may do the same.

May I suggest the server "Shadow Council"?

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually would consider re-subsribing to WoW if it meant hanging around with hatrackers. I have absolutely no WoW friends, nor do I know anyone who plays in real life.

It gets boring if you don't know anyone you are playing with.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Xavier, come to Shadow Council. I have a lvl 25 Female Human Mage there called "Ororostorm" (ok...not too original, hehehe), but I'd be willing to create a new alt character so I could quest along other Hatrackers (If you play alliance in that particular server, of course). If you want to play Horde (Orcs, Taureens, Trolls, Undeads) we can choose other server.
I'm also a founding member and senior office of a Guild called "Templar Knights" (no...I didn't choose the name, hehehe) but we could create our own guild after we level-up a bit (Hatrack? Dragon Army?)

Fitz
Member # 4803

I just created a gnome mage on Shadow Council, name is Fortran. I like starting and playing new characters, though honestly I don't know if I'll play this one much. I'm kinda busy with my 60 warrior on Silver Hand.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a level 44-46 (I forget the exact level) Orc Shaman (male) on a server whose name I've managed to forget, and would be willing to try several other character types from scratch.

Other characters I've leveled a little bit:
Level 26 Troll Mage (female)
Level 26 Orc Rogue (female)

I like Horde better, generally, but am interested in seeing some of the Alliance lands which I've never seen.

Characters I would consider rolling fresh (off the top of my head):

Horde Side:
Troll Shaman, Troll Warrior, Troll Mage, Troll Priest, Troll Hunter, Orc Warlock (female), Orc Warlock (female), Orc Warrior, Orc Hunter (female), Orc Rogue (female), Undead Mage, Undead Priest.

Alliance Side:
Night Elf Priest, Human Paladin, Gnome Mage.

You can see the disperity [Big Grin] . Still, I started a Gnomish mage named 'Pip' who I liked a lot, right before I got sick of WoW and stopped playing for a couple of months. So I am not at all opposed to playing Alliance.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Yay! People actually play on Hatrack?

I play on the Zul'jin realm, my main character is a 53 warrior named....Demosthenes! >_>

Although, it'd be cool if everyone here agreed upon starting new characters on a fairly new server....and we made a guild together XD

please feel free to PM me ingame.

[This is my first post on the forums by the way. Just finished Shadow of the Giant, and now I'm here. Nice to meet you all.]

Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.