FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh, Poo.

Author Topic: Oh, Poo.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Drat and tarnation.

I missed out on something really cool. Being Welsh, these kinds of things interest me. Forget that it would have been a 4-5 hour drive for a service in Iowa. I would have had a lot of fun singing some old Welsh Hymns- even if I would have probably fudged a lot of the pronunciations.

Exerpt from the article:
quote:
The resonant sounds of four-part choral singing are one of the cornerstones of Welsh culture.

In the Iowa County town of Rewey, southwest of Madison, the Welsh Gymanfa Ganu (pronounced gi-MAHN-fah GAHN-ee) tradition drew choral singers of Welsh descent from around the state for its annual summer hymn sing on June 11.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Welsh Welsh Welsh!

Sounds lovely [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[URL=javascript:Start('../multimedia/hen wlad fy nhadau.html');]Listen to this to make you feel a little better then. [Big Grin] [/URL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Javascript links don't work like that.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I figured that out. [Big Grin]

Working on it now.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Here, try this. [Big Grin]

And/ or this.

[ July 15, 2006, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.