FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you can stand any more new members here...

Author Topic: If you can stand any more new members here...
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
My name's Kelly (as you can probably tell from my screen name) and I'm a college sophomore at Bowling Green State University, or will be anyway. I'm an international studies major and found my way here through another forum. Like the rest of you, I'm a huge fan of OSC and was introduced to him when a high school teacher gave me Ender's Shadow to read (I'm also, by the way, one of the few people here who hasn’t gotten a chance to read the Ender's Game books). Is there anything else I should add here? I should probably get back to work since I am in the midst of an epic battle with an Ethnic Studies paper. And losing. Badly

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want some Chili Cheese Fries?

*offers plate of fries*

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, and welcome to Hatrack! Thanks for the introduction. [Smile]

Good luck on your paper!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I know someone (vaguely) that will be a sophomore there. Let me check facebook.

And umm did you already friend me on facebook [Wink] That's awesome.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
What is it with Steve and fries?

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You're goal:

Link Clint Eastwood to Bill Paxton with two in between actors.

Go.

[Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
What is it with Steve and fries?

Welcome to Hatrack!

They have really good Chili Cheese Fries at Dairy Queen. Except they call them Dirty Fries.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve are you the one who is responsible for my cravings for chili cheese fries lately? [Embarrassed] They are just about the unhealthiest thing possible to eat, aren't they? [Smile] They're good, though.

Oh, and welcome to Kelly!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alien Touring
Member # 9568

- posted      Profile for Alien Touring   Email Alien Touring         Edit/Delete Post 
Tatiana, the pizza shop down the road from my house has something even worse... but oh so good, cheese fries + bacon. it's so evil. but so fantastic. i think they make my heart cry.

Hi Kelly

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
Steve are you the one who is responsible for my cravings for chili cheese fries lately? [Embarrassed]

That's entirely possible.
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
The cheese fries at Lone Star are worth listening to horrible country music. They are that good.

Hatrack always always needs new members. [Big Grin]

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Eyo! [Wave]

Good luck with that paper.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Member # 8560 was officially the last to be tolerated.

Ever.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh shut up!

You've been warned once already.

You're on double-secret probation as it is.

Don't push your luck...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum! Hope you like the place.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kelly! Welcome to the 'rack.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Your goal:

Link Clint Eastwood to Bill Paxton with two in between actors.

Go.

If I can do that in one actor, do I win a prize?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

You win some Chili Cheese Fries.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Kelly.

quote:
I should probably get back to work since I am in the midst of an epic battle with an Ethnic Studies paper. And losing. Badly
Tee-hee . . . you sound just like me. In the middle of a big hairy project with a deadline? Great time to register and start posting on a new forum!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
You win some Chili Cheese Fries.

Clint Eastwood -> Charlie Sheen in "The Rookie"
Charlie Sheen -> Bill Paxton in "Navy Seals"

No, I didn't look that up.

I'll take delivery now, thanks!

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. Read Ender's Game. It may well be Card's best work.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I prefer Hart's Hope.

Welcome, Kelly!

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaine
Member # 9412

- posted      Profile for Blaine   Email Blaine         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer the Alvin Maker series.
I also prefer chilli cheese Fritos.

Welcome aboard, Kelly.

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

*Is glad to finally be done with her report*

Thanks everyone!

Thank you Steve (even though this is furthering my addiction to anything that could possibly be unhealthy [Frown] ) *takes one*

I'm pretty sure I did friend you on Facebook, breyerchic. Who do you know at Bowling Green?

quote:
Tee-hee . . . you sound just like me. In the middle of a big hairy project with a deadline? Great time to register and start posting on a new forum!
Does anyone know of any college student who doesn’t procrastinate to SOME degree?
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

By the way, I have read Ender's Game, but Speaker for the Dead was very difficult to get into, so I'll try it again some other time.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Thank you Steve (even though this is furthering my addiction to anything that could possibly be unhealthy ) *takes one*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you summed up hatrack pretty well in that statement.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome aboard!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Kelly. I like new people.....

They're tasty. [Evil]

I hope you like Hatrack, it has been a second home to me for years now. One I can take with me even when I move. [Big Grin]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.