FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » TMNT: teaser trailer to be released soon...

Author Topic: TMNT: teaser trailer to be released soon...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
At both ComicCon 2006 and with 'The Ant Bully'

The CGI film is supposed to be done with the "tongue-in-cheek Frank Miller parody" tone of the original Mirage comics, but will be a new story.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Turtles in a Half Shell! Turtle Power!!

I hope they go back to their California Surfer Dude roots. In the new comics there's a distinct lack of chillin with pizza ... and where did all their catch phrases go?? If someone doesn't say Cowabunga in this movie I will lose all faith in humanity.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the first two live action films were really cool, hopefully the CGI version will do just as good.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember the first two live action films were really cool, hopefully the CGI version will do just as good.
I have completely different memories of those movies.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Hey I was like 3 when those things came out so to me they were the coolest things ever.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The characters roots predate the pizza-loving, catch-phrase-uttering, surfer-dude elements introduced in the 1987 cartoon. Just sayin'. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

As far as the live action films went, I think the Jim Henson Creature Shop did a great job on Splinter.

But...that's about it. [Wink]

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have my old TMNT VHS tapes...for nostalgia. I don't even have a VCR to play them in, but man, I LOVED the ninja turtles growing up.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

I remember i was the red one for halloween.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

quote:
The characters roots predate the pizza-loving, catch-phrase-uttering, surfer-dude elements introduced in the 1987 cartoon. Just sayin'. [Smile]
Haha, yeah, I meant the Live Action roots! Hmm, are they taking their characters right from the comics? That would be both funny and really awesome.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
The first one was cool because it was sorta dark, but the 2nd and 3rd movies really sucked.

If the story is good, I guess I can get past how stupid the turtles look. I saw a picture of Leonardo online somewhere, he's all skinny and looks like a kid.

Lame.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Like...a teenager? [Big Grin]
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the 2nd one a lot- but the third one was terrible.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

According to the TMNT creators, the new film will be similar to "Superman Returns" in that the "good stuff" from the previous films will be utilized as back-story...and everything else will be ignored.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
Turtles in a Half Shell! Turtle Power!!

I hope they go back to their California Surfer Dude roots. In the new comics there's a distinct lack of chillin with pizza ... and where did all their catch phrases go?? If someone doesn't say Cowabunga in this movie I will lose all faith in humanity.

[ROFL]

So, which TMNT is your favorite?

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

TOTALLY Donatello. Smart, quiet, and reliable... and he didn't need any flashy blades to kick butt. I don't think I even really liked the rest of them. Oh, and Splinter is my hero.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
At both ComicCon 2006 and with 'The Ant Bully'

The CGI film is supposed to be done with the "tongue-in-cheek Frank Miller parody" tone of the original Mirage comics, but will be a new story.

Oh, good. I like the black and white graphic novels, especially the one w/ Leo fighting the Foot in the snow while everyone else trims the Christmas tree.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Oh, yeah! And the Foot Clan end up destroying the store of April's deceased father.

Traumatized and heartbroken, the TMNT, Splinter, Casey and April spend months hiding out in the country...they fall apart, but gradually pull together to heal each other.

(Seen in abbreviated and -much- less effective form in the movie)

I -devoured- the original Mirage run back in the day. Much preferred it to what the 1987 cartoon's version.

(The 2003 cartoon was a tad closer.)

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

My favorite was Splinter. Not a turtle, but a mystic martial arts master who just happens to be a rat simply rocks.

Hmmm.

Maybe Stan Sakai will be able to do that "Space Usagi" animated movie/TV series if the new film makes Asian-influenced fighting animals popular again. [Cool]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy, I never read the comic, I think it was before my time. But I loved the cartoons, and LOVED the first live action movie. I remember begging my mom to take my brother and I to the traveling TMNT musical they were performing, LIVE ONSTAGE! I wore out my cassette of the show twice. Sadly I have no idea where to get a replacement.

I hope that Shredder and the Foot are the bad guys in this, and that we get to see Bebop and Rocksteady. If they can bastardize other old cartoon/comic shows for whatever reason, they can do it to this one to make me happy!

Splinter rocks!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Shredder and the Foot will not be villains in the new movie, though they may get mentioned.

The TMNT creators have stated the movie will have "multiple villains".

Strider
Member # 1807

I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I had both the TMNT 1 & 2 movie soundtracks. And loved them.

*hides head in shame*

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I have just 5 words for you.

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

What other villains are there in the TMNT-verse?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I think I used to know all the words to that.
DMLPro
Member # 8653

- posted      Profile for DMLPro   Email DMLPro         Edit/Delete Post 
If you had the TMNT Vanilla Ice Behind-the-Scenes special, say Cowabunga!!!
Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

hah...I wasn't that bad!
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

If you had the TMNT "Coming out of their shells Tour" CD or cassette...

you were as lame as I was.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMLPro
Member # 8653

- posted      Profile for DMLPro   Email DMLPro         Edit/Delete Post 
But none of us realized how lame we were. And that's what matters. I loved them then and love them now.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
What other villains are there in the TMNT-verse?

there was the dude who was like a brain inside some huge guys stomach... I forgot his name.
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

Krang.
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Sure...
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading an issue that had them fighting these two idiots who were bank robbers or terrorists or something. I remember that one of the guys was a schizophrenic neo nazi or something with a huge fear of turtles. If I recall correctly it ends up with him taking his own life. The cover had a yellow theme. That's all I remember.

By the way, that issue is probably my favorite comic book I ever read, of any series.

[ July 19, 2006, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

Picture of Krang
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

ya thats him
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by PUNJABEE:
If you had the TMNT "Coming out of their shells Tour" CD or cassette...

you were as lame as I was.

Yeah that was it!

I LOVED that cd.

And I remember Krang now!

PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

The trailer is out.

It looks fanTASTIC...

until the very last 10 seconds.

/shame

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Gotta say, I didn't think it was going to be THAT kind of CGI. I thought it would be live action with CGI turtles, not a Pixar style animated film. Should be interesting.

And I loved the last 10 seconds.

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
If I knew how to post a picture of my brother in his Donatello costume, this is SO where I'd do it... I loved the show/movies only because of how much my kid bro did... But he remains 'D' to this day...

(ps - if someone shows/tells me how to do that w a pic i'm ready and willing... MUHAHAHAHAHA!)

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

They're so cute! I can't wait! [Smile]

edit: cmc, if you upload a digital photo to photobucket or flickr and link the URL here that should work, unless that's not what you meant, then um ignore this [Smile]

b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
I studied Kung Fu with someone who knew the dude who played the action half of Leonardo in the live action movies. (edit: whom i got to meet!) Apparently there were two different turtles they used for the movie, one for "acting" and the other for kung fu-ing.

My brother and I also had pet turtles, 4 of them, when we were younger. We were original enough NOT to name them Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo and Raphael. the uber geekiness at the time might have gotten us beat up... but if only we knew that uber-geekiness would be revered when we grew up...

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
They're so cute! I can't wait! [Smile]

edit: cmc, if you upload a digital photo to photobucket or flickr and link the URL here that should work, unless that's not what you meant, then um ignore this [Smile]

hahahahaha i don't think they're supposed to be "cute"!
Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Turtles Trailer
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.