FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm done! I'm done! (did I mention I was done?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm done! I'm done! (did I mention I was done?)
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the doctor's office called and they did manage to get the scan and everything scheduled before my first day of school. I will have the scan on the 14th and see her on the 16th.

I know it may seem weird, after all I've been through, but that scan is really, really important to me. It's as if I need to hear the confirmation "Hey, the scan is clean there's nothing there" before I can really start believing this is going to be over. Not that it will ever be truly over, I'll always have to be watched closely by a gastroenterologist (and yes, a colonoscopy is in my future and one a year probably from now on.) But it was the scan that first found the tumor, so having a a clean scan will really let the relief sink in.

I know that might sound a little silly, but it's true. As if the words of my wonderful doctors and my own rational brain aren't enough (no jokes please about how irrational I can be at times, please [Razz] ) I need this test to really confirm things for me.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I missed that - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I'm so glad for you Belle! *hugs*
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. I lived with a relative who went through chemo and I know how tough it can be to face those sessions.

Here's hoping for a clean scan, Belle.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, I'm so glad for you. You are an amazing woman.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.