FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Ents attacked my van.

Author Topic: The Ents attacked my van.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
They said it was a feirce thunderstome.

I don't believe them.

Throughout St. Louis power lines are down, water is being boiled before consumed, streets are being cleared, and the occasional semi-trailer are being flipped back over.

They say it was the wind. I know it was a gang of Moot Drunk Ents rampaging. Storms here go West to East. This one went North to South, following the traditional path of migrating Ents.

And I walked out of my house this morning to go to work, and found my van had been brutally assaulted by what appears to be a sleeping ent. The back end is viscoulsy crushed.

I've seen LotR-TTT. I know what those wooden vandals can do, and this pretty much looks the same.

They found two giant ents sleeping it off in the middle of the road. Viscous vigilantes with chain saws sought revenge. It was not pretty. There were leaves and sawdust everywhere.

I should be revolted at what those saw weilding maniacs did to those two road blocking Ents. Instead I keep seeing my sweet innocent, hard working and productive friend--the van, and the violation those Ents inflicted on it.

I'll try to get pictures of the attrocity later.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about that on the radio this morning on the drive in. A heck of a gust front in front of a big thunderstorm. Tore up your area pretty darn good, it sounded like.

Glad you're okay.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I hadn't heard about this. Glad your sense of humor made it through the storm intact. I take it that your house escaped damage?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you!? You know very well that the ancient Brother Trees uprooted themselves on your van, which was obviously presenting a threat to the Mother Tree. How dare you!?!?!?

(/speakerforthedeadreference)

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone murdered any Ents, I'll be there. The ENT --> ent national torch-fighters --> will not stand for this.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Phanto, you must blame the State, for it was men in uniforms--the dreaded "State Highawy Workers" uniform--or "The Orange Vest-ers" that I witnessed hacking and sawing their ways across to Ents uprooted and laying across the road.

Then there was my van. I beleive it was a Robot-in-disguise. How else could it have fought off the giant Ent. It transformed into a robot and fought bravely to defend our home/garage from the wooden menace.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Dan, maybe you shouldn't have been sporting a "Saruman Rocks" bumper sticker on your vehicle.

You should probably ditch the "Burn Wood, Not Gas" bumper sticker as well.

Glad you're OK, though.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest reason I feel comfortable here at Hatrack isn't that I get the references in this thread.

It's that I am not the only one who does.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought some Ent-mulch for our back yard.

Some of it looks like it might've been backed over repeatedly. Dan, what color is your van?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Well, after a more in depth look at the situation, I can now firmly report that Metal is stronger than Wood.

The Transformer-Van has a dented top over one door.

The Ent, and several parts of his neighbors, are strewn in small peices over my drive.

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck of a title, Dan. I laughed before I even opened the thread.

"Dude! The ents like totally attacked my van!"

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan : [Kiss]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan - how far are you from Labadie, MO? And did they get hit as bad? Because I know someone in a mobile home there. And that is near St. Louis somewhere...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Actually I was raised quite close to Labadie. My parents live in Villa Ridge, about 10 miles from Labadie.

My parents were without power for one night, but that was it. Most of the big damage was farther north, but trees were blown down just about everywhere.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.