FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Single? Like to play Online RPGs?

Author Topic: Single? Like to play Online RPGs?
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Try World of Datecraft! Nope, I'm not kidding! It actually exists! A relationship site aimed to World of Warcraft players! [ROFL]

quote:
Gamers fed up with logging onto normal dating Web sites need no longer worry about having to cater to potential dates' interests such as "long walks on the beach," "candlelit, romantic dinners," and "anything outdoorsy." A new service has launched that caters to people whose turn-ons include "raiding the Blackfathom Deeps for epic gear," "farming the Scarlet Monastery," and "bringing doom to the evil Horde."

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the male-to-female ratio of WoW players?
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really don't know.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What's the male-to-female ratio of WoW players?

Online? About 70/30, male to female.

Offline? About 95/5.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Is it a fact, Storm? How did you get those figures?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew it! Someone finally started a form of DorkDater. I always knew it'd draw a crowd.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I read in an article in the NYT that about 33% of WOW's playerbase are females.

I really think video games are working their way into the realm of acceptable girl hobbies and will one day replace the Barbie Doll, with noticeable effects on the female ideal body type.

Barbie or Taki from Soul Calibur. Who would you rather date?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

How did you get those figures?

My crack team...of Scientologists working round the clock. [Wink]

I was just trying to make a funny, Eduardo. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Oh, ok. I just thought you've read it somewhere :-)
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Actually its closer to 44.9% according to the Daedalus MMORPG project. the older the age bracket interestingly enough if I remember correctly the more een the ratio.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, a thread I can link this in. It was on the Yahoo front page one evening.

And I'd guess in game, there's pretty close to a 50M/50F split. Real genders probably fall between 80M/20F and 85M/15F.

No facts to that, just my SWAG.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
The two subjects in the title are redundant, neh? [Wink]

Oh but wait! No longer!

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.