FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NARUTO YOU BAKA!!!!!

Author Topic: NARUTO YOU BAKA!!!!!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Grr I am so fed up with Naruto being oblivious about Hinata's feelings for him. Who here who watches Naruto agrees with me? Hurry up and get a room already I dearsay!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Um. . . what?
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, we already have a 'prove your geekiness' thread.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. This is so random, but it's funny because I know what you're talking about! Do you watch english episodes on tv or Japanese fansubs? If the latter, what do you think of the fillers?
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
He's way too focused on Sasuke to notice Hinata's feelings. [Frown]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Jorkim? How awful is that? I would never have guessed that he'd resmac Fleebo in quite that way.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to admit, Narutu is quite the foxy young man.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Klaatu barada nikto.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I've really enjoyed the show-the subtitled non-fillers, I mean. I've managed to see all of them up until the filler, and some of the filler as well. While even the worst of the non-filler episodes manages to equal the filler episodes, of the ones I've seen some of them are OK. The rest are passable to crappy.

It's just the kind of show, and story, that I prefer, really. Although it has a lot of fighting and explosions and whatnot, there are lots of shows like that-particularly in anime-that I don't ever watch. This one's development is determined almost completely by the kinds of decisions each character makes and why, as well as reinforcing the idea that one person can make a difference.

On a nit-picky note, I enjoy some little things such as the fact that unlike every other anime I've ever seen, practically, The Planet Earth has not been in danger so far. The most it's been is an individual friend, or the 'village' (of thousands of people [Wink] ). I also appreciate the fact that the primary female character does not have a giant rack (so many times in anime, all the ladies have huge knockers once they hit, like, fourteen or something), and the one female character who does...well, she's overcompensating.

As for Hinata-Naruto-Sakura...well, they are what, like 11-14 in age? How socially aware were you of the ways of ladies at that age?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread title reminds me of Soranik Natu who is a favorite new comic book character of mine (if she's not recently deceased anyway, which it appears she is at the moment, but you know how comic books are).
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
As for Hinata-Naruto-Sakura...well, they are what, like 11-14 in age? How socially aware were you of the ways of ladies at that age?

There's a good point here. While Hinata is sort of overt with her feelings (always supporting Naruto and being nice to him and what not), Naruto is sort of oblivious, which seems right for his age.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I watch the subtitled fansubs, I'm hesitant to watch the dubbed for fear of what THEY may have done to it. While I do enjoy the filler I am however wishing they'ld go on to the post time skip.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I saw the show, it was when I was on a long trip and was staying in a hotel around the end of last year. I didn't have my laptop back then and it was essentially a choice between going to bed very early (there's an option I don't take very often), reading the novel I'd just finished, watching TV or driving around aimlessly.

Well, Naruto was running a kind of mini-marathon. About ten episodes, I guess. I started watching between flipping channels, then I stopped flipping channels [Smile] . Those were the English-dubbed versions and while I enjoy the subtitles, even the dubbing I enjoyed quite a lot.

I've heard that in late August they'll resume new animated episodes, to deal with the 75-ish issues of the series that have come out since the anime went to fillere. They did this in order to have a lot of material to catch up on, I heard, so they'd be able to run new stuff for awhile again.

If you want to know what happens, though, you can find the manga online easily enough

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
I watch the subtitled fansubs, I'm hesitant to watch the dubbed for fear of what THEY may have done to it. While I do enjoy the filler I am however wishing they'ld go on to the post time skip.

If you enjoy the filler, you have nothing to fear from the dub. I tolerate the filler episodes, but most of them are so lame. The dub, on the other hand, is right at the best part of the series: the chuunin exam.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the fact that I knew what the title of this thread meant right away.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

hehe ^-^ only a true Jedi erm Shinobi-da would know. ^-^

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.