FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wedding Singer: The Broadway Musical

Author Topic: The Wedding Singer: The Broadway Musical
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
My local library got the soundtrack to this the other day. I checked it out.

It's weird. If you've seen the 1998 film (which I have), you know which 80s pop songs go where.

And the musical invokes them...sort of. Except for the two original songs that Adam Sandler sang in the movie, every other song is brand new...and they start out with bars that sound like they're almost going to sing a genuine 80s song...but then it switches into a new song.

None of the new songs are memorable, but they are peppy. Extremely peppy. I'm vaguely curious to see the show.

Official Show Site

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Sir. There's a musical??

My favorite part... On the plane... 'I'll Miss you, kiss you... Give you my coat when you are cold. Need you, feed you... I'll even let you hold the remote control'

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
Please post when you do! I loved the original movie, but I can't imagine it working without Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore as the leads.
Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is odd, but it might be really good there was a lot of singing in the movie. As odd as The Wedding Singer on the stage is did anyone get a chance to go and see the off broadway musical and no this isn't a joke The Last Starfighter: the musical. Yes it really existed: See for yourself
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie: The Musical still trumps that. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, that's too crazy. If they had a Carrie on Ice now that would blow my mind and I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight? Crazy, crazy Stuff.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to see this, just because Steven Lynch was in the Adam Sandler role. Cause he can actually sing, y'know.

Plus he's hilarious.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.