FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seen everything on the internet? I think not

Author Topic: Seen everything on the internet? I think not
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I frequently hear people say that they've seen EVERYTHING there is to see on the web and they are SO BORED.

Generally I would direct them to hatrack (of course), reddit, digg, fark, theonion, alexa (to see the top ranked websites), youtube, boingboing.net, cynical-c, flickr, espn, scienceblogs, wikipedia, and epinions.

Where do you direct people when they ask for surfing directions?

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's impossible for anyone to ever see everything on the net. I mean there's always new stuff being added, so even if you keep on a certain pace, you'll probably fall behind (unless your pace is greater than the pace of new content being put up, but I still say that's impossible).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

That's certainly true pfresh. [Smile]

That's why I love places like hatrack and reddit, because I always get the latest info filtered by smart and thoughtful people.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
It might, however, be possible to see all the good stuff on the Internet.

Very possible, indeed.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
WWW = Lots of Surfing Hours
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
lately my website (becaue I finally added something new) [Big Grin] [Razz]

In fact, I think I'll start a thread because I haven't brought it to anyone's attention here.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
POOF!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmphhh. If I see the same stupid e-mails forwarded anymore, I'm gonna blow a gasket. [Roll Eyes] Never mind seeing all there is to see on the web. Hmphhh.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

Every link you'll ever need to be part of the pop culture of the internet.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

Every link you'll ever need to be part of the pop culture of the internet.

Wow, good one. For some reason you always give me the best suggestions (see e.g. Veronica Mars). [Smile]

Hi Shan, I sort of liked those emails you forwarded to me last year. [Big Grin]

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That is a long list. I feel out of touch all of a sudden.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's very naughty of you to remind me of that, Beren. I didn't send you the Mars one. The 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd time I received it. Or the one about the dangers of daddy long-legs. Or the gazillionth one about praying for thus and such . . . [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't read the whole internet? Then why do I keep hitting this page every day?
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who might be thinking that there's nothing good left on the net just visit www.elfwood.com and get lost in the woods.
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Magson:
You can't read the whole internet? Then why do I keep hitting this page every day?

Darn. I was going to post this one.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.