FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » After the cease-fire

Author Topic: After the cease-fire
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
One.

Two.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing that, Rivka.

It's hard to connect to the fighting safe and comfy here in Florida. The most drama in my life is the tranny needing to be replaced in my car.

I expect a funeral to be sad. I feel solemn for a moment and then move on. But there's something about that wedding that got me. To celebrate in those circumstances takes a well of strength I'm not sure I have.

Your stories are humbling.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just wow. And here we sit in our crystal castles thinking the troubles of the rest of the world are just that...

*echoes AvidRead - thanks for sharing... i am humbled...*

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka: those stories are wonderful examples of people gathering together, even in the most extreme of circumstances, and drawing strength from eachother. Sharing grief makes it easier to bear, while sharing joy somehow makes you feel more joyous. How I wish that this time the cease-fire will lead to a lasting peace; because then there might be fewer funerals and more weddings.

AR: You'd be surprised at the hidden strength that lies in each of us. Just feel lucky that you've never been in a position to find out how much you can take.

peace...

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo St. Elmo:
How I wish that this time the cease-fire will lead to a lasting peace; because then there might be fewer funerals and more weddings.

AMEN!!!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing those.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana Bailey
Member # 8313

- posted      Profile for Diana Bailey   Email Diana Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
Moving stories...thanks for posting these stories from sources most of us never read.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Diana Bailey:
...thanks for posting these stories from sources most of us never read.

Including me, actually. My dad sent me the links.
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo St. Elmo:
How I wish that this time the cease-fire will lead to a lasting peace; because then there might be fewer funerals and more weddings.

AMEN!!!
Seconded.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.