FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fabled definitions: A game (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fabled definitions: A game
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
(It's make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. It's a song.)
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Five to the second power or thirty six to the one halfth power to two to the second power.

Hey, everyone skipped this one. Hint: It's the name of a song.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am required to retain dominance over the enclosed hand that will lead to the termination of those who annoy me. (From a widely read commercial comic)
I must control my fist of death?

quote:
Five to the second power or thirty six to the one halfth power to two to the second power.
25 or 6 to 4.

Unsoundness of mind is an ameliorative but not necessary part of employment in this location.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

You have to be crazy to work here.

My anger is similar to the promised afterlife of those who have acted inappropriately during life, and I am no longer going to receive it into my possession.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mad as "heck" and I ain't going to take it no more.

Harmonies contain the magical properties to send into meditative calm the upper abdomenal cavity that is least civilized.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
squick: Close enough "Must.. Control.. Fist of Death"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Unsoundness of mind is an ameliorative but not necessary part of employment in this location.

You have to be crazy to work here.

Close, but not quite it.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.

Once happiness is attained, the flagilation ceases.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Floggings will continue until morale improves.

Dan: "Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast?"

There exists a diabolic presence within the fine intricacies of the matter.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

The devil is in the details.

A female denied expected romantic attachments is more prone to destructive violence than the Nordic goddess whom is queen of Niflheim.

ps. Sterling, correct sir.

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Hel(l) hath no fury like a woman scorned.

The wiccan's child may be more averse to the current weather than to suckling.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
quote:
The countenance you possess at the end of your second decade is due to a creative and controlling force of the universe; that which you possess at the end of your third decade is due to the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make up your existence. However, the countenance you possess at the end of your fifth decade is the one you are worthy, fit, or suitable for.
The face you have at 20 comes from nature. That you have at 30 comes from life. That which you have at 50 is the one you earned.
Close enough. [Smile] It's actually:
quote:
Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.
Said by Coco Chanel. [Big Grin]

(Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was about to disappear for a week.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey, skil. A hint?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Colder than a Witch's Teat.

If you are able to confuse or misdirect me a single time than the dishonor is yours, yet if you were to misdirect or confound upon more than once instance, the dishonor falls to me.

DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

The thoroughfare that leads one to the netherworld bears a surface consisting of commendable ambitions.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

What is the quantity of the hard, fibrous substance comprising most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub that a stocky North American burrowing rodent would be able to throw, were such a creature capable of throwing such a substance?

rivka
Member # 4859

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

At those times that the Magi come together in a body, the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness is frequently the topic of studious conversation. Because one or some indiscriminate number have the ability to detect if the current precipitation is of a frozen or room-temperature nature. However, should passerby query as to the future possibility of alteration in the current atmospheric state, simultaneously they chorus, "Atmospheric state is atmospheric state, regardless!"

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever the weather?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You have one correct word (well, two if we count "the").
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
Two to the fifth power and twenty-five frequencies of delivery, yet an absence of viewable matter.

"57 channels and nuthin' on"
---Bruce Springsteen

Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
Whatever the weather we'll weather the weather
Whether we like it or not.

But it doesn't fit. Urk.

rivka
Member # 4859

No, it doesn't. But it's definitely on the right track. If no one figures it out by mid-morning (or whenever I manage to get on during work), I'll post it. It may be too obscure. [Dont Know]
rivka
Member # 4859

When the wise men gather together, they wisely speak of the weather.
For any of them can see weather: whether it's rain, or whether it's snow.
But if anyone asks them weather -- whether there will be change in the weather --
Then they all answer together, "Weather is weather, whether or no!"

(It's an old kids' song.)

Lisa
Member # 8384

Hmm... never heard it.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.