FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Memory Lane has Potholes

Author Topic: My Memory Lane has Potholes
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
So my buddy is taking history class and something came up about Akkadia. This triggered a vague memory of yellow cartoon platypi singing about Arcadia. I remember it was on Nickelodeon, and we got cable when I was in sixth grade, so this would have been 1992ish. (I think the show was older though.) I think the show might have been underground. I think I remember tunnels.

Anyone remember a show this might be?

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea, but I love your thread title! Can I borrow it for something work-related?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind that - I just want to use it to refer to me. If I can remember it, that is. [Wink]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
The only underground Nickeloden Show that I can think of is AHHH!! Real Monsters. I don't think it had platypi as a regular feature, but it could have been in there somewhere. Could this be what you're thinking of?
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't be sure, but I think it might be Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. It doesn't mention paltypi, but it has two "prehistoric creatures" listed as major characters. And the song was definitely about Arkadia.

Cay, you're more than welcome to borrow the title. [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I work at a newspaper and our Lifestyle editor writes a column for the Sunday paper. I told her the thread title, thinking that she might use it in her column - for a headline maybe. It was too perfect.

It applies to her and me, so in a way I'm taking it personally, as well. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Add me to the ranks of those who don't know the answer to your question but love your thread title!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.