FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Oblivion
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

- posted      Profile for CalvinandThomasHobbes   Email CalvinandThomasHobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here play this game? And can you answer a few questions?
Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
check first in the thread from back when the game first came out... it was pretty long and involved.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

- posted      Profile for CalvinandThomasHobbes   Email CalvinandThomasHobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked through it and no answer.

What i want to to know is, is this games "slow down" as bad as in morrowind? Also how are the load times? for xbox360. thanks in advance.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Check an Xbox360 gaming site. Google is your friend. [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

I have done that many times. I watch videos of oblivion and there seems to be some slowdown but i can't tell if thats just my internet connection, or the game. I also dont trust the gaming sites. They tend to generalize and say "some slow down may occur." But they dont say when, where, why, or how to prevent it from happening. I am asking from one rpg gamer to another, is the slow down bad, and does it take away from the gaming experience. I want opinions from the people who played it, not an online critic. So please give me your opinions.
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
I experienced minimal slowdown in really graphically heavy areas, or when I used the dupe trick, or when I left behind too many duped items on the ground. It's much better than Morrowind was about slowdown, for me anyway.

Load times are there, but they were never long enough that I noticed.

Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
The loading bothered me some. Not so much for load times, but for sheer quantity of areas that required loading. Like when I needed to go through multi-story buildings and load every single floor individually.

Even then, I still found the game worth it for the beautiful graphics and massive content.

I'd recommend buying this game on PC if your computer can take it. The fact that you can use console commands to work your way through bugs is extremely helpful.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
This was slower for me than Morrowind even though I bought a better video card just so I could play it. It is bothersome at times but I have gotten used to it.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.