FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The gostak distims the doshes

Author Topic: The gostak distims the doshes
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
It occured to me recently that there are several people here who would really enjoy this game, which I played through a couple years ago: The Gostak. It is a text adventure game that begins

quote:
Finally, here you are. At the delcot of tondam, where doshes deave. But the doshery lutt is crenned with glauds.

Glauds! How rorm it would be to pell back to the bewl and distunk them, distunk the whole delcot, let the drokes discren them.

But you are the gostak. The gostak distims the doshes. And no glaud will vorl them from you.

Some might recognize this as an old linguistic in-joke. Half the fun of the game is figuring out the language, to the extent that it is possible. (As such, I'd strongly discourage looking at the linked dictionary page.)

The game is written for a Z-machine, and as such may be played using an interpreter such as frotz or WinFrotz.

I'm curious to hear reactions. Post here if you get stuck (warn for spoilers, of course). I might be able to help, though it was a while ago that I played this game. Also, I'd be interested to hear people's interpretations of the language and compare them to my own. Have fun!

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.