FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just enjoy my kid so much!

Author Topic: I just enjoy my kid so much!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I do the whole parenting thing where I guide, teach, advise, console, you know, raise the kid. But you know what? I also really enjoy him.

A couple of nights ago, we were sitting around passing the time together, and I said that "tofu" is a food that has the name of a body part in it (toe), but that there are other foods that have the names of body parts. So we went back and forth coming up with them.

He is so quick and clever at games like this, and we were high-fiving and laughing our way through the evening. He came up with "hearts of palm" which gets credit for two body parts in one food, and rib-eye steak.

By the time we got to "Matzoh Balls" and "Molasses", we were totally cracking up.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds fun! You did cover elbow macaroni and blackeyed peas and angelhair pasta and kidney beans, didn't you?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By the time we got to "Matzoh Balls" and "Molasses", we were totally cracking up.
If you can make these jokes with your kid without either of you feeling weird about it, you've done something right as a parent in my book. ^_^
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Wish I could have a relationship like that [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
Sounds fun! You did cover elbow macaroni and blackeyed peas and angelhair pasta and kidney beans, didn't you?

I don't remember either one of us coming up with elbow macaroni. But he got black eyed peas and kidney beans, and I got angel hair pasta.

High five on the elbow macaroni!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. [Smile]

Don't forget linguine (little tongues), mostaccioli (little mustaches), and orecchiette (little ears).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
ha!! That is so cute. Aww, you rule as a parent.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Don't forget linguine (little tongues), mostaccioli (little mustaches), and orecchiette (little ears).

I've never heard of any of those translations! They make me giggle [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pasta name translations are very funny -- even the non-body-part ones.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:

I have to agree that I find these amusing as well. Did they just work their way towards piecing together little pasta faces? ^_^
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
[side note]
When I was little, I didn't call it angel hair pasta. I called it nose hair pasta. Thankfully, that has been corrected.
[/side note]

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.