FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seattleites - wanna get together? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seattleites - wanna get together?
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! So many of you seem to be from this area...would you like to plan a get-together of some kind?

Actually, let me extend the invitation for any and all of you to come to the Steel Pig Barbecue on 89th and Aurora every Saturday night after 9:30 pm for karaoke. I won't make you sing if you really don't want to. I'm the girl with the awesome glasses. If you can make it next Saturday, let me know so I can be on the lookout for you. Maybe I'll buy you a BBQ sandwich!

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Libbie:
Hey! So many of you seem to be from this area...would you like to plan a get-together of some kind?

Actually, let me extend the invitation for any and all of you to come to the Steel Pig Barbecue on 89th and Aurora every Saturday night after 9:30 pm for karaoke. I won't make you sing if you really don't want to. I'm the girl with the awesome glasses. If you can make it next Saturday, let me know so I can be on the lookout for you. Maybe I'll buy you a BBQ sandwich!

There are four of us (two regulars, two lurkers) in the Lake City area who see each other on a regular basis. Also, I think Shan and romany are near-ish, and Puppy is in Kirkland.

I'd be interested! Karaoke rocks my socks!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

Awesome.

Wait - you guys don't meet at the Blue Star, do you?

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by Libbie:
Awesome.

Wait - you guys don't meet at the Blue Star, do you?

I don't even know where/what that is, tragically - if it's somethign in Lake City, keep in mind that 1) I've only lived there for about 5 months and 2) I don't own a car anymore. :-\

We're often at Cadillac Jack's, Lake City Bar & Grill, sometimes Seattle's Best Karaoke downtown.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lefty the One-armed Man
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for Lefty the One-armed Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe. A moment ago this thread was listed just under the "The Seattle Craigslist Sex Scandal" thread.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on the opposite end of the country, but Libbie, let's make a date for next July.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

har har, Lefty! [Wink]

Erso - never mind. A friend of mine was a waitress at the Blue Star Grill for a while and said that a group of four "sci-fi people" would meet there regularly, so I was curious.

Well, if you guys do karaoke anyway, you'll love the Steel Pig!

Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I'm on the opposite end of the country, but Libbie, let's make a date for next July.

Definitely! Wait...are you talking about BreyerFest, or NAN? If I end up getting into Uncle Orson's Boot Camp, I won't be at BF this year. :'( But I might! So it's a temporary date. [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking BF, I can't really make it to Texas, though I'm only going to BF if something amazing is happening they moved weekends on me and I'm not thrilled.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Erso - never mind. A friend of mine was a waitress at the Blue Star Grill for a while and said that a group of four "sci-fi people" would meet there regularly, so I was curious.
We'd be incredibly hard to identify as such; in fact, short of knowing us pretty well, I'd say impossible to identify as such!

Anyway, shoot me an e-mail through the profile link!

Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I was talking BF, I can't really make it to Texas, though I'm only going to BF if something amazing is happening they moved weekends on me and I'm not thrilled.

Oh, that's right. Well, I won't know until April some time whether I'll be at BF, but if I can, I will! It was pretty cool last year. If not this year, then next year for sure.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok. That's great. I'm going to try to get to a few shows this year, there really have been none in my area for a couple years.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm down to go! Maybe not this Saturday, but if you're there regularly it shouldn't be a problem.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
I am too!
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

Yup, I'm there with my crowd o' friends every Saturday unless I have a late wedding and am too tired to make it. It's just about the only time I get out of the house.

I will sing Mr. Roboto just for you guys.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you're sposed to wait til I move to Seattle to start this kind of thing [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

I'll be here for a looooong time. [Big Grin]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Good, cause it'll take me about that long to get a job, or so it feels like!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Seattleites - wanna get together?
Apparently, all you gotta do is go to their apartment and walk right in!

If the door's locked, just kick real hard.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
Good, cause it'll take me about that long to get a job, or so it feels like!

What kind of job are you looking for?
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Entry-level landscape architect, in a landscape architecture or multi-disciplinary firm (though not an engineering firm, if I can help it). I've applied to a few places in Seattle, but it's too soon to know if I'll get an interview. Only one got back to me to say they weren't hiring, but I wasn't expecting that one to be [Smile]

Edit to clarify: I've applied to lots of places all over the country, so Seattle isn't a definite or anything. It's just a place that I really like and would enjoy ending up in.

Libbie
Member # 9529

Ahh, okay. Seattle is a great place. Most people I know who come for a visit end up moving here eventually. [Smile]

I don't think I know any landscaping or architecture firms. I do know a guy in an engineering firm, though. His firm does all the geological testing for underground engineering projects, like new water ducts and stuff. Maybe he knows of some places that are more to your tastes that are hiring. I know a guy who runs an ornamental iron forge who's looking for help, but alas, that doesn't seem to fit your bill.

Let me know if you ever want to get a job in business - I have lots of connections at Holland America Line. [Wink] But business is pretty boring usually.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Hehehehe, my grandmother already gave up and asks when I'm returning to school to get a different degree. Which is ridiculous, as well as disheartening [Wink]

Ah well. Thank you for the offers of help!

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to get together sometime- but the next few weeks don't work for sure.Saturday evenings are not so good, as I work the next AM.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. New school, new schedule, busy time at work --

*sniffs*

It'd be fun . . . but can't this month, and probably not next month, either. Possibly November. Ah well -- you all have fun!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
November? November could work . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

Well, I'm around all the dang time. I have a couple of weddings in November, but otherwise my schedules are wide open. I usually have weekday evenings available, and weekday daytimes could be if I have enough time to plan.
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, are you coming to Seattle?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Shan, romany, Libbie is meeting eros & co. sometime in the not-too-distant future. If you have contact info, e-mail me and we'll work something out?
romanylass
Member # 6306

You've got mail! I am getting off the puter, errr, any minute now, and will be Hatcrack until next Wed. I'll be checking e-mail, though.
Shan
Member # 4550

Is rivka coming to Seattle?

*waits expectantly for answer*

*zaps off an e-mail to eros in the meantime*

*looks at clock and realizes son's swimming lessons are in less than 30 minutes and rushes away*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

Does anybody want to do something tonight? I am INCREDIBLY BORED.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Libbie, we just finished moving my new dining table in here and may be going to a margarita bar, if you're interested?
rivka
Member # 4859

Rivka is musing. Rivka has wanted to come visit/meet y'all for ages, but has never gotten around to it. Rivka also has friends in both Seattle and Portland.

So . . . definite maybe. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

Possibly! We'll see what happens. Project Runway is on tonight. Can't miss that. [Wink]
Libbie
Member # 9529

Okay, looks like we're going to Half Price Books, so I'll bag on margaritas tonight. Next time, though.
Shan
Member # 4550

Yay!!! Mi casa, su casa, etc. [Big Grin] That'd be so much fun to finally meet you, rivka! Do please say you'll head our direction! And in November, there is still hope for some crisp fall weather, as opposed to sodden . . .
rivka
Member # 4859

*plays around with FareCompare and Travelocity*
rivka
Member # 4859

$220 flying out the night of Sat., Nov. 11, and returning the following Monday morning. Hmm.

*ponders*

Libbie
Member # 9529

DO IT
DO IT

rivka
Member # 4859

Would that be a good weekend for y'all? Someone want to suggest a different one?
Squish
Member # 9191

It's so far away!
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

It's a PERFECT weekend, rivka! I'm done with faciltating statewide trainings, and all the prep and clean-up, and etc., and it would be awesome to have a fun weekend to look forward to!
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm still thinking about it. I have some other stuff going on right now I need to deal with, but I might have a decision in a week or so.

I really wanna come, though!

Libbie
Member # 9529

You guys missed out on what may be the BEST KARAOKE NIGHT EVER. The world's worst drag queen showed up out of nowhere and "sang" (I use the term very, very loosely, even for karaoke) some of hair metal's greatest hits (Rock You Like A Hurricane, Immigrant Song, etc.). Then "Selina" harrassed every male in the place.

I begged her to come back next weekend, so you guys had better be there! You do not want to miss Selina, I promise you.

Also, free Galaga and Pac-Man.

Squish
Member # 9191

Oooh Pac-Man. I'm so awful at it but its too much fun.
rivka
Member # 4859

As I said elsewhere, Nov. 11 (and 18) weekends are now too expensive. (Yes, I know.)

So my next question is what the weather is like in early-to-mid December, and which weekend(s) then might work.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
what the weather is like in early-to-mid December
Much like it is right now, but colder.
rivka
Member # 4859

How cold is "colder"? And what, pray tell, is the weather like now?
Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
As I said elsewhere, Nov. 11 (and 18) weekends are now too expensive. (Yes, I know.)

So my next question is what the weather is like in early-to-mid December, and which weekend(s) then might work.

I think I'm working both those weekends, anyway, so that's good.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.