FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Weird Al Video

Author Topic: New Weird Al Video
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 

White And Nerdy

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's got Donny Osmond in it! He looks amazingly like David Hasselhoff in the first shot... which works as well.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
There were two Mormons in that video. Donny and Jon Heder.

I don't know who's nerdier: Al for making the video, or me because I can point out by name just about everyone with a cameo in it.

That's the funniest thing Al's done since his saturday morning TV show. Thanks for the link.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is hilarious. I've sent it on to many white and nerdy friends who I know will love it to.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

The myspace page is real and is here. And the dog's page is here.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
The MySpace page has yet another song from him, "You're Pitiful". Oddly appropriate for this crowd.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Quality humor there [Big Grin]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The MySpace page has yet another song from him, "You're Pitiful". Oddly appropriate for this crowd.

Hey, don't hate, yo!
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

I just figured he meant himself and some of the other people where he works.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, how many things listed in the video apply to you? Be honest, now...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to admit, I think the video would have been much funnier if they played the black people as afraid of the nerdy white guy. You know, crossing the street to get away from him and stuff. It looked like they were going that way in the first bit when they freaked out and locked their car when he was coming over.

To me flipping around the racial stereotypes and making nerdy white people objects of fear rather than ridicule would have fit better as a parody and been funnier.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

- posted      Profile for Billy Joel           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been calling Donny Osmond white and nerdy for years. Nice to be validated. No Ken Jennings, though?
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't find John Heder in the video.

Oh, and I couldn't get the video work form the earlier link, so here's Weird Al's myspace page which has the video:

http://www.myspace.com/weirdal]http://www.myspace.com/weirdal

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Heder is in the bowling group. The "Don't Download This Song" video on the myspace page is cool too. It's animated by Plympton, which means nothing to me, but my girlfriend is suitably white and nerdy to have recognized it immediately.

http://www.myspace.com/weirdal

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if he was in the bowling group, and I even paused it to check, but I don't think he is.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
OK, how many things listed in the video apply to you? Be honest, now...

Quite a few, I can't lie. A few didnt, but I knew OF them.

Pause the video when you can see the trivial persuit card, I lol'd. There's tons of halarious stuff going on in the background look for it. Was that Seth Green with the action figures? Were those Robot Chicken figures?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yes, that was Seth Green. I hadn't made the Robot Chicken connection, but I'm sure that's it. Weird Al had a music video on that show a little while ago.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

The favorite part of that video is Donny Osmond's great dancing skills.

You know, if Ken Jennings had been in the video, it would have been a white and nerdy and mormon trifecta.

[ September 19, 2006, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
That video was hilarious.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Alright, I also dig this fan video of "You're Pitiful."
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Things Nerds Say:
"I like the Weird Al version better."

Things Even Bigger Nerds Say:
"What song was that a parody of, anyway?"

I'm in the second category on this one. I'm assuming it's one of the parodies, because he said his originals on this album would have the animated videos.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I've said both of those things. [Cry]
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
The song he was parodying is called Ridin' by Chamillionaire. Catch the oh so witty use of the multiple definitions of "riding dirty". Man, the boy's a Shakespeare.

I fall into the first category. I really don't like the song, but I do like Weird Al's version.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in category 2 as well. But I really liked this video and the parody itself (which I actually heard on the radio this morning.)

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess this sort of explains the Seth Green cameo in the video. The Weasel Stomping Day song from the new album was used in a Robot Chicken sketch tonight. So it looks like they've been working together some. Good stuff.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Category 2 but the video is hilarious.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Category 2!

I thought the line about not knowing whether he liked Kirk or Picard was hilarious! Was that Schrodinger's equation in the background?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Makes me want to buy a Segway.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I love how he controles it in the video without his hands.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Hey, that's nerdy talent right there. Not even the President of the United States could do that without falling on his ass.

Wait... maybe that's not a good comparison...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.