FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread (Page 18)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
who looked through whoms files.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hims looked through shes files.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
I think Starbuck ejected and the Cylon ship picked her up.

Starbuck did not eject. She died. Doesn't mean she'll stay dead, but she died.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Its soooo gonna happen. I mean its BSG for gods sake of course hes gonna be innocent!!!
I'm not so sure about this. Even if Baltar dies, we'd still have Head Baltar. I think it's more likely that he'll be found guilty but will somehow not die/escape.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Unless her ejection seat is invisible, I'm pretty sure she was in the Viper when it blew.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
41,399...That killed, it really did.

I think its brilliant that Lees defending Baltar. It will be so much more dramatic when he proves Baltar innocent and Adama has to apologise.

Its soooo gonna happen. I mean its BSG for gods sake of course hes gonna be innocent!!!

Arg... [Wall Bash] [Razz] [Cool]
Except that we as the audience have seen the truth...he is personally responsible for the deaths of 50 billion people, the nuking of Cloud Nine and surrounding ships, and the fall of New Caprica.

If he gets off the hook it's not because he's innocent.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Thats what I still mean though, he was not intentionally responsible for the deaths of 50 billion people he was seduced to allow some random female who he thought was a corporate rival working in the defence ministry into access to the defence network, which he had designed from the get go in the first place. Actions that without a clear knowledge of colonial law we do not know the extent of its legality. He could not have possibly known Cylons could look like humans.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

As soon as Baltar realized what he'd done, he was very scared of being caught and executed for high treason. He knew that allowing unauthorized personnel access to the defense mainframe was a pretty serious crime.
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
He may not be directly responsible for the deaths of all those people. Really, he didn't know that she was a cylon.

However, he is guilty for giving an unauthorized person access to the defense ministry mainframe. That, in and of itself, is high treason. So in terms of guilt, he is not guilty of genocide, but of high treason. Both verdicts carry a sentence of death.

Now he is guilty of the theft of a nuclear weapon and giving it to an enemy combatant. Also high treason.

He is guilty of massive corruption in the government of New Caprica, but politicans rarely go to jail for corruption. They just get voted out of office.

As to the crimes committed by the occupation force on New Caprica, he surrendered. Therefore he is not directly responsible as he was simply a puppet leader. Not even in the case of the execution order because he signed at the point of a gun. Something that Caprica Six will testify about.

Me, I am predicting life in prison.

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew W
Member # 4172

- posted      Profile for Andrew W   Email Andrew W         Edit/Delete Post 
I predict that Baltar will be found not guilty, after brilliant legal defence, and all sorts of interesting stuff, but will shoot and kill the Admiral and his son, them himself, at a state dinner. Laura will then turn out to be a cylon, and nukes the whole fleet. In a predictable twist Adama, son and Baltar are also cylons and wake up on a base ship. Unexpectedly it turns out the entire fleet are all cylons who've actually been planted on the fake colonies by their uber-cylon masters to recreate (that's what the references to 'it's all happened before' are about) histories they have of the first time this happened with real humans, who escaped to earth, and they hope to follow them by recreating it all.

Or not.

But it's going to be a quantum leap of a cliff hanger, if every other series is anything to go by

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever you do, don't read the spoilers at AICN.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I didn't even KNOW about the spoilers at AICN before now!

[Angst]

ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, whatever you do, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GO TO AICN AND READ THE BSG SPOILERS! I'm telling you, it's not worth. This is huge! You want to wait and just watch this one unfold. I am telling you now, don't go and read them. Just turn off the computer and walk away. I know that it is dang tempting, but just don't it.

Carrie, I don't know why I did not listen to you in the first place. [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Mad]

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Bwahahahahahahaha [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave in. I couldn't help it. I went to AICN.

I can't believe Baltar is a Cylon!!! And Adama one of the Final Five???? I was blown away!!

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

Okay, I lied. Bad joke. I refuse to go to AICN. I would love to look, but I would hate myself for it. I would much rather enjoy the show.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man.

The spoilers I read all seem to be true. At least, so far. And the preview for the next episode confirms all that I've seen.

Uh oh. I hate having been spoiled.

This is gonna be awesome!

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I'm about 10 minutes into the episode so far, and it's awesome.

And since when is Sam a nugget?

0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Since... now. Gotta have something for Mr. Starbuck to do, so why not?
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I guess...

I'm loving the Lampkin/Lee interaction so far (about halfway through). This is turning out to be one of the best episodes I've seen in ages.

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
MacDonell owned that jury stand, then she goes and owns the podium. She just might be the coolest broad in media. When she was asking Lee not to go there with the drugs, my knees were getting weak, and I was sitting down.

Is she in anything else worth seeing? I could listen to her talk and watch her act for days.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

How do you feel about Dances with Wolves?

---

In other news, I loved this episode and cannot wait for next week.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
She has a supporting role in Donnie Darko, though she's nowhere near as interesting or forceful in that movie. But then, few roles are as good as the one she's playing now.

Um, I think I may have heard Anders say something very interesting at the end of the preview, but I'm not sure I heard right. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't watch the previews, so does anyone know where I can watch it again online?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

You did hear it. [Smile]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
What was that song Anders and Tigh heard??
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Rumour has it that it was "All Along the Watchtower" (Dylan's), but Bear McCreary has blogged about writing a "special musical moment" for the end of the season. [Dont Know]
Lisa
Member # 8384

It was interesting how the two people in love with Laura Roslin both lost their cool. I wonder if Roslin has any clue about how Tori feels.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
Something that has been bugging me about the whole Baltar trial is didn't Roslin pardon every member of the human race?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Baltar wasnt with the fleet at the time. And whose the 2 people in love with roselin again?
Lisa
Member # 8384

Adama and Tori.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I believe that Roslin pardoned everyone in the fleet. Baltar happened to be the one human being who wasn't with the fleet at the time.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

So what was wrong with Tori again?
Lisa
Member # 8384

Other than the fact that she hasn't so much as brushed her hair since she found out Roslin's cancer had returned, and the way she lashed out at the press corp? Nothing.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Well I saw that...
Just wondering if I missed something about what Lee knows about Tori. It was kinda noisy in my condo last night. [Smile]

Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Something that has been bugging me about the whole Baltar trial is didn't Roslin pardon every member of the human race?
This initially bothered me, but I'm now alright with it. I would love to see the exact wording she used in the pardon.

quote:
So what was wrong with Tori again?
I was under the impression that she was also hearing the music.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Yes. She is. And what Anders said is right.

And Anders hears the music too, right? At least, he indicated that early on.

We all can put two and two together.

God I hate being spoiled! I lost the chance to be shocked at Roslin's cancer, or any of the other parts of this episode! ::Cries:: I loved it, though.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

so if theyre all able to hear the music does that mean theyre the final 5?
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Er, not necessarily.

But they all hear it. Anders is talking to multiple people. What does Anders have in common with anyone else?

He hears this mysterious music, as does Tori and Tigh.

It means that he might possibly be saying to them that he thinks the're cylons. That doesn't mean they ARE.

Lisa
Member # 8384

What I don't get is how AICN claims there are copies of the final eps all over the place. Speaking as someone with some small skills in the piratic arts, I find this a bit confusing. Has anyone here seen a source for the finale?
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

I dunno about the sources, but I know that the things I've been spoiled about came true.
Carrie
Member # 394

The spoilers came from someone who got their hands on a media "For Review Purposes" copy - the same way EW can review the episodes in advance.
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

I bet Anders' comment in that trailer is meant to mislead us. The writers have been preparing us for earth-shattering secrets in the finale, so I doubt they would blow it all in a preview. There may be some truth to his comment, but I think there is some deliberate deceit in putting that clip in the trailer.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Yeah, I sort of figured it might look very different in context--sarcasm, maybe.
Lisa
Member # 8384

I don't think it's deceit, as such. I think they're going to find out that they're all Cylons, in a manner of speaking.

And I get the For Reviewer Purposes copy thing. But AICN said they were leaked all over the videocybersphere, so I'd expect to be able to find something in the torrentsphere. And yet: nada. Zilch. Gurnisht. Kloom.

0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Trust me, the idea that they're all cylons is NOT the big reveal.

There's an even bigger surprise in store. (hard to believe there's something bigger than a bunch of characters we know and love being Cylons, huh?)

Carrie
Member # 394

Oh, I hadn't heard that the videos themselves were out, just that some idiot told us all what's going to happen.

<-- is very very apprehensive about the upcoming surprise...

Carrie
Member # 394

In other news, I would like to express my deep, new-found and abiding love for Romo Lampkin.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What was the line from Anders? I must've missed it. I mean, I could just watch that part again after work, but that would mean waiting.
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, from Ron Moore's podcast, it appears Anders and Tori are having a "thing."
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Really? The way she reacted to the press attacking Roslin seemed very personally protective.
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.