FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do I Go For Kinky or Relevance?

Author Topic: Do I Go For Kinky or Relevance?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It is almost time to vote, and I need to decide. I'm still registered in Texas, so I could request an absentee ballot for Texas and therefore allow me to vote for Kinky Friedman.

Or, I could register here in Virginia and vote in the Senate race, where my vote might actually count for something.

These are the rough decisions.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
The content in this thread is not what I was expecting.

Darn.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Me neither. I was very baffled before clicking.

No, wait. Actually, I'm still baffled.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, on the plus side, if you vote in Virginia, at least you have the comfort of knowing that your vote went to stop ONE drooling incompetent from getting elected.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat,
Before I can give my opinion, I would need to know who you'd vote for in Virginia...

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Almost believed the title. Almost... Was going to say: "My, how you've changed, Kat!" [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I actually do not yet know who I would vote for in Virginia. All the political theatrics are entertaining, but I usually decide who to vote for a few days before the election when the League of Women Voters puts out that issue guide for all the candidates.

The Texas Governor constitutionally has very little power. I happened to read the Texas Monthly where the backpage columnist announced he was quitting the column and writing mystery books in order to run for governor.

Maybe I've just been watching too much Veronica Mars lately and so am amused by the name.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My suggestion, imagine your in Illinois:

Vote for both.

Remember, do your duty, vote, vote early and vote often.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
If it were me, I would (for a change) not choose "Kinky".
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
If it were me, I would (for a change) not choose "Kinky".

Ti-di-boom-baaaah.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I opt for "Vote Kinky", but only because I dislike Rick Perry so very much.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't vote for Kinky, but I did contribute to his campaign, and not just for the autographed poster. [Smile]
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The content in this thread is not what I was expecting.
ditto! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I want Kinky to run for President so that I can vote for him. You'd better not lose my absentee ballot for that one, Florida!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat,
For help with your decision:

George Allen Insult Generator

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Vote Kinky! I know I am!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fairly certain I'm voting for Kinky. Too bad as you've said that the Texas governor has little power. Our state constitution's pretty bad. It's unfortunate that we can never really get a constitutional convention up and running to draft a new one.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

THT: I would hope that I wouldn't base my voting decisions on a political joke putting words into a candidates mouth.

I saw that earlier this week. [Smile]

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
I usually decide who to vote for a few days before the election when the League of Women Voters puts out that issue guide for all the candidates.

What's that? Is that an LDS thing? Is it in every state? I never vote anymore because I feel so inadequate about understanding what's going on. [Frown]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

The League of Women Voters prepares a voters guide with all the issues and where the different candidates stand on them. At least, they did in Texas, and Matt made some noises that led me to believe that I can get that here in Virginia too.

I love it. I like watching all the politicking fun, but I prefer, when it looks like my vote might actually matter, to vote on the issues, which can be hard to find amidst the editorial jokes.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I am deeply disappointed by the content of this thread.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.