FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Disgusted with License requirements, any help would be appreciated.

Author Topic: Disgusted with License requirements, any help would be appreciated.
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So we moved to Idaho and Marlozahn was going to get his proffesional counseling license. Everything seemed to be working out. Despite the fact that he missed the deadline to take the exam, someone canceled and he was able to take it. He even had a good feeling that he passed. While waiting for the results they called us and told us that despite the fact that he went to among the best schools in the nation and that it was "nationally accredited" Marlozahn still didn't have enough credits....!!!!! He had 70 quarter credits... but they wanted 60 semester credits. I'm sorry but the only thing that should matter is that he has his Masters Degree and enough experience hours.
If anyone has any ideas... maybe any online classes that anyone knows of where he can get 14 more semester credits... Or anyway to get by this ridiculous law.... any help would be nice.
Sorry I haven't been on for so long... been busy being pregnant and being a mom.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Do the credits need to be in psychology, or what?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Counseling, but I would think some psychology classes would work... but I'm not positive.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll look around the web and see what I can find.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, according to this page, the requirements are very specific for an Idaho counseling license. I'll keep looking, but you might want to contact a local school and talk to a counselor about what your husband would have to take to get his license, because they might have an expedited program to help him get those credits or something. The 60 hours is in both core and specialized classes, but they look pretty specific on what you have to have. I don't know that an online program exists that would satisfy those requirements, but like I said, the local school may have a program for people coming in from out-of-state, or be able to grant credits for some of his work in lieu of internships that are required.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.