FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SNL Season Premiere tonight

Author Topic: SNL Season Premiere tonight
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
So, there's Dane Cook, who I'm not a big fan of. And I don't know what's going to happen to the show without Tina Fey as head writer... how long has that been?

Anyone else here planning on seeing it? Or am I the only person who still watches SNL?

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Dane Cook, he does good stand-up. I'll probably watch the first 1/2 hour. I have to get up early, and SNL always goes downhill after that anyway.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Dane's kinda hit and miss in my book. A little too weird to be consistently funny.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Dane Cook confuses being hyper-active with being funny. A handsome face will get you far though.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I've always thought. He doesn't really tell jokes. He just spazzes out and makes crazy faces and screams and that's supposed to be enough.

Maybe it's just me.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Dane Cook is amazing. By far the best comedian I've seen. Instead of just standing there perfectly still, he actually GETS INTO his sketches, which are funny because they're so true; most of 'em anyways [Wink] .
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm half way through Weekend Update. Man, I think this season is gonna suck. [Frown]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I miss Tina already.

I hope her new show is worth it. She picked a crappy time to come up with that idea, though, what with Aaron Sorkin, Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet and the like.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the thing with Condi and Clinton was hysterical.

But then, that's probably because I think Darryl Hammond is the only really good cast member left.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of feel sorry for people who're young enough to believe that SNL has been funny even once in the last decade.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.