FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NHL Hockey 06-07

Author Topic: NHL Hockey 06-07
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
The new NHL season begins TONIGHT with a bang, as the Sabres travel to Carolina for a rematch of the Eastern Conference Finals (Southeastern Conference if you believe the 'canes list of events). Both teams had changes in the offseason but expectations are still high. Now I just have to decide where to watch tonight!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
The Oilers looked good in the pre-season. Expectations aren't too high as they lost a few key players at the end of last season. They have a lot of talent and some young blood on the team. I am cautiously optimistic about this season.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Okay, the Hurricanes banner ceremony is chock full of the corniest, most cliched songs EVER. Really, we know you are the champions, you don't have to bust out the most obvious song in existence to tell us.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Hockey is possibly my favorite sport to watch live at the arena. But it's so boring on television, I can barely make it through one period.

The Dallas Stars are the greatest Hockey team.

That is all.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Aww, come on. These teams are in midseason form - or maybe playoff form. End to end play with few stoppages, big hits, great goalies. Doesn't get any better than this.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I'll watch the first period and see if I like it. On ESPN? When does it start?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Just kidding the game is almost over. Stars are up next, now that'll be a real game! *Can't name 5 players on the Stars roster*
TheTick
Member # 2883

No, 'Versus', what used to be OLN. If your cable system has it. Third period upcoming, but they are showing the Stars game after it.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Pulling for my Redwings as always. Too bad I don't have cable. But then, I'm not paying that much for basic cable.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, precious hockey season. The Oilers play the Flames tomorrow, and then again on Sunday. Two battles of Alberta are a great way to start things off. Sure, the Oil lost some talent (most notably the traitorous Pronger), but if the pre-season is any indication then we've got a really strong team this year.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Ovechekin and Capitals baby...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

SHOOTOUT WIN! Ward and Miller were both stellar but the Sabres take the shootout victory!! [Big Grin]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Wings are looking as good as ever this year.

The only chink in our armor is Hasek, who I can't BELIEVE they decided to go with. I'd be ten times happier if we were going with OSGOOD as our top line goalie and Joey McDonald, Jimmy Howard or even Liiv backing him up.

Other than that, our defense is top in the league, and I think we picked up some great people for offense.

Hey hey Hockeytown!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Detroit have the best D in the league? I'd think teams like the Flames, Ducks, and Sabres are probably up there as well.

Oh, Montreal, how will you toy with me this season? If only I felt like the players on the team cared as much as the fans of the team.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Up there maybe, but we're the best. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Well, it's hard to look past defensemen like Kronwall, Lidstrom and Schneider. BUT, the Sabres had the best defensive pairing in the playoffs with Tallinder and Lydman (both +14). Spacek (+11, 43 points) and Campbell (44 points) were all over the place last night. That leaves Kalinin and Numminen as the third pair...Kalinin was +14 in the regular season and Numminen provided 40 points. If you want TEAM D, then having Drury, Hecht and other defensively capable forwards is another boost. Then, of course, you get to goaltending with Ryan Miller and Martin Biron. Miller outduels Hasek, unless Hasek's groin spontaneously combusts early this year. You'd best watch on October 13th.

By the way, what a pass by Marty Turco last night. If only he could be this good in the playoffs, the Stars might do something.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.