FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Forget iTunes and Unbox

Author Topic: Forget iTunes and Unbox
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
The networks have started doing something that I'm excited about. At least, NBC and ABC have, I don't watch much on CBS right now. They are keeping the previous week's episodes of shows online on their websites to be watched for free. It's great because it means I don't have to worry about remembering to set my VCR (since I don't have a DVR) and I don't have to pay $2 each for shows that I miss.

It's especially good when you get a recommendation for a show that just premiered. My mother told me to watch Ugly Betty, but I missed last week's premier. It's not available at iTunes or Unbox (I actually checked both of those first). Remembering that NBC had started showing episodes from the previous week on their website, I decided to see if ABC was doing the same and there it was. Same with Lost, which I missed this week too. (Of course, I'm still trying to figure out what happened last season. I missed several episodes but hopefully I'll be catching up in the next few days.)

The only downside to relying on the website, rather than iTunes is that there seems to be only the previous week's episodes available. So if you want to utilize the site, you'll have to make sure to watch before the next episode airs.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Fox has joined the party but they are using Myspace as the host site...right now they only have about 8 shows available...but they do have the entire season of Prison Brea up to this moment

myspace.com/fox

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually ABC has all the old episodes for this season up for the selected shows. NBC does not; they only put last week's up.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, no House on Fox at Myspace.

Does NBC include shows on SciFi and USA?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I think NBC does something with SciFi. I actually have to tape Heroes when it reshows on SciFi (my wife insists I Tivo The Bachelor for her - don't ask). I don't think they do all shows though.
Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.