FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Funniest Episode of SOuth Park Evah

Author Topic: Funniest Episode of SOuth Park Evah
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The episode is done mostly within the game of World of Warcraft itself its pretty hilarious.

"In the outside world I am a simple geoloygist, but in here I am Falcor Defender of the Alliance. I've braved the Fargo Deep Mines defeated the bloodfish at Jerris Landings-"

*random half naked wizard walks up to his hunter and stabs him sounds of agony*

(His boss)

"Hmm, looks like that guy just killed you."

Stans dad in utter hsock: "what?... why?... WHY!?"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I saw that one.

There's a half dozen other eps that I like more. I love the Awesome-o episode, and the one with the Mongolians and Chinese. And the Dodgeball ep, and a lot of the first couple seasons before it became a pop culture/political commentary parody show.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It was.
I love South Park.

"That guy must have no life."

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Maury Povich one best.

"Oh, yeah, I run with twelve gangs! And we only commit hate crimes!"

And of course, Awesome-o.
"Who's going to win the next superbowl?"
"The New Olreans saints." [ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was funny in a sad sort of way. I've lost several good friends to that game. They do nothing but play WOW and occasionally attend class. Sometimes I drag them away from their computers and find we don't have much to talk about because all they ever do or think about is WOW. I only wish I was exaggerating.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I have to wonder if any of the Blizzard execs actually did any voice overs.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I get to play for free ^-^ my siste rplays and is gonna get the expansion so I effectively get to play for free isnt life grand.

However I play when I'm bored or whenever ym friend daniel is on, FPS's and other games hold far more of my attention.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The Sword of a Thousand Truths was actually created specifically for that episode. A separate part of WOW was designed, so that Matt and Trey could animate the episode.

That was actually WOW.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
MMORPGs

are

ridiculous.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt guilty because I jumped on Guild Wars right after.

I am such a she-dork.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
That episode was probably the most revolutionary departure in style that SP has ever taken. Not only is the flow of the action much different from their normal pattern, but the mix of life and RPG interactions was simply hilarious. Their style of satire (explode the ridiculousness of society by making it even MORE ridiculous) just jumped up a notch.

SPOILERS::::::::

"I gotta call home and tell my kids!!"

"He's already killed your children's characters..."

And the part where Stan's Dad is dying at the end, and it cuts to him holding a microphone to his face and going arrgggg!!!!! ahhhh.h....... Was just the greatest thing ever.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone loved this episode except me... =(
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say this was the funniest, but it was definitely good (particularly since I know a good number of people addicted to WoW). There have been better episodes though.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure it's the funniest, but it's certainly in the top ten!

"How do you kill that which has no life?" :-D

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's Fighting Love!!!! [The Wave]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanecer:
I thought it was funny in a sad sort of way. I've lost several good friends to that game. They do nothing but play WOW and occasionally attend class. Sometimes I drag them away from their computers and find we don't have much to talk about because all they ever do or think about is WOW. I only wish I was exaggerating.

I know people that have lost jobs, wives & girlfriends, and flunked out of school due to WOW or Everquest. It's sad.
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BaoQingTian:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanecer:

I know people that have lost jobs, wives & girlfriends, and flunked out of school due to WOW or Everquest. It's sad.
Dang
I was working some temp job with this guy and that was All He Could Talk About was WoW and this girl he met there.
For the entire day. His co-worker seemed a bit bored as she did most of the work.
I just wouldn't want to pay one because it cost MONEY ever month. Why should i give them my money? They have enough money. [Grumble]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Alt: THAT was a great south park! I loved the lyrics to "Let's Fighting Love"

Syn: I would spend more than $15/mo on other games or going to crappy movies if I did not play WoW. (Then again, I can talk about things other than WoW =)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
even being someone who used to play WoW in a hardcore raiding guild the episode was fun, but was far from their best. definately interesting, and funny, and neat to see the combination of WoW-imation with the regular south park animation.

I do question them leading with that for the new season though. Much as WoW is a huge internet phenomena I know many co-workers and friends who didn't really get anything out of the episode (or fairly little at least) because they never played.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

It's got me walking around saying "pwnage" which makes me laugh.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Casa Bonita, Casa Bonita, Casa Bonita
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
Casa Bonita, Casa Bonita, Casa Bonita

That episode was great.
And the Christian rock one.
Made me feel bad for laughing, but I couldn't help it.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
personal favorites:
The pilot (anal probes)
Ninjas
Return of the lord of the two towers (or whatever the title was)
Okama Gamesphere
Trapper Keeper
and for perverse reasons just the 5 minutes of the gays in scouts episode with Cartman going everywhere announcing the cripple fight

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Mecha Streisand, The one with Cartman's hand as J-Lo, Chimpokomon, The Rainforest...

Can't believe you guys haven't mentioned those.

IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
"hey Kenny, maybe you're family's Costa Rican and that's why you're so poor."
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I know one person that, for a time, was making more money than I was selling "virtual" merchandise: weapons, magic items, Ultima Online real estate, etc...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.