FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shinda Oct. 29: LibbieFest! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shinda Oct. 29: LibbieFest!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Again with the alas! [Frown]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Libbie, that name seems really familiar but I'm not sure. We had one show in IN in 05, none in 06, none in 04, two in 03, about three a year in 01 and 02. (Ok that's a lie, there's Stone Fest in Shipshewana every year, didn't count it) I just can't justify travel right now, Breyerfest isn't too far, but the shows there have too much competition for my little showstring to live through. I miss it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So, um, what did we decide we're doing? Libbie?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I was wondering that myself.

kq, what on earth were you doing awake at 2 am?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for Emma to fall asleep so I could get in my bed without being thrashed against.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ouch. [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Eh, I wasn't sleepy anyway.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bump*

Still waiting to see if we know...

Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Let's see. KQ can't go out on Sundays, and LadyDove is out of town on the 29th. Hrrrmmmm.... We can probably juggle our schedule to meet up on the 28th instead, if that will be okay with you guys.

I guess we'll take it one step at a time. [Big Grin] Who might be available on the 28th? Say, starting at 2:00 pm? We'll be getting in at about noonish, so that should give us time to check into our hotel in MDR and take a shower and stuff.

We have dinner plans that night with a friend, but he's flexible on the time, so we could go as late as 6:00 and still be groovy.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

rivka has a lot of restrictions on the 28th. Not to say that she won't do something, but she can't drive or ride in a car, turn anything on or off, carry things outside, cook, use a phone, etc., etc. She'll be available after... um, I think it's full dark sometime (something about stars? I don't remember), which right now is not too late compared to, say, summer, but later than I want to be out with two kids.

I'm fine with the 29th as long as we don't do anything that causes anyone to work for pay that day, like we could meet in a park or since Rivka volunteered her place that's fine with me, or wherever you want to meet as long as it's not someplace that we have to buy anything or our being there causes people to work.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Basically, rivka's restrictions are more than our restrictions, so I think we'll have an easier time working around our restrictions than hers.)
Libbie
Member # 9529

Oh, okay! That makes sense. Meeting at Rivka's could still work out great, but we might need to adjust the time a tad, either of our own work-causing activities, or of the shinda. We'll figure it all out! I'll look at our itinerary with my hubby again this evening and we'll juggle things around. [Smile]
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sounds good. [Smile] We'll go with pretty much anything after 2-ish on the 29th. Our ward Halloween party is the 28th, too, so the 29th is definitely better for us as well as for Rivka.
rivka
Member # 4859

Thanks for explaining in my absence, kq. [Smile]

I hope we can work something out.

Libbie
Member # 9529

Gosh, you guys - I don't know if it's going to work out. [Frown] We have to be in Buena Park and check into our hotel no later than about 4:00, so we'd be very rushed on the 29th. I'm a sad panda. I really wanted to meet you all!

Well, I sincerely thank you for extending the invitation. I'm working on a business proposition with a friend in L.A., so I will be back in the future, probably this coming spring or next fall. And who knows whether I'll end up doing some weddings in the area next summer - it's always a possibility!

Hopefully we can meet up some time then. And of course, if any of you ever should come to Seattle, I will show you a good time! [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We could meet you at your hotel? Buena Park is only a little further than West L.A. for us...

But if you are going to be overwhelmed, or would like some personal time, don't stress about it. [Smile]

Libbie
Member # 9529

We probably could, but my husband is taking me to Medieval Times that evening, which is why we have to get there fairly early. I'll have to see what time we're supposed to be there. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.