FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moldy

Author Topic: Moldy
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we've lived in our apartment, there's been a black mold that grows around the drain in the bathroom sink. We'll put a pretty strong bleach solution in the sink with the drain plug in place and leave it there for a few hours. The mold will be gone, but it comes back in a day or two. Also, we get mold growing on the underside of our toilet seat cover and above the water line in the toilet. Ew! It doesn't seem to go away permanently with heavy washing, so Jon Boy and I started to wonder if the mold was actually in our water.

A few weeks ago, we decided to check the toilet tank to see if there were any signs of mold there. There's a portion of the flushing mechanism that is above water most or all of the time, and it was completely fuzzy with the mold. Then, last night, I noticed that there is the same mold growing on the underside of the faucet, which probably explains the recurring mold around the drain.

So what do we do? We live in an apartment. Should we contact the management about the problem? If there's mold in our water, we'd have noticed similar problems in the other bathroom and the kitchen, I think. So I think it's (maybe) something in a pipe that leads directly to that bathroom. Either that, or the growth on the flushing mechanism spread to the faucet or vice versa.

I know mold can be very dangerous. It doesn't seem to have made us sick yet (thank goodness), but it does worry me, not to mention gross me out.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think you need to contact management. While not all mold is dangerous (most varieties are merely nuisances), you shouldn't have to put up with it. Be very clear that this stuff is persisting despite multiple attempts at eradication on your part.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.