FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Philly area Hatrackers this weekend?

Author Topic: Philly area Hatrackers this weekend?
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is late notice, but I'm going to be in Philly this Saturday and Sunday, with no concrete plans. Anybody up for getting together?

On Sunday, I was thinking of heading out to Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site or one of the other nearby parks (I have a car). Anybody want to come?

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopewell Furnace is nifty, but not necessarily worth a trip if you're in Philly. I've been there a couple of times, and it's really very small and not very interesting. It's nice to just stroll around, though, so YMMV. My parents took my sister and i a few times when we were younger, but my dad's kind of eccentric like that.

Too bad i'm busy all weekend!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked there for one summer a few years back, so it has some nostalgic value. I'm certainly open to suggestions, though. Know anywhere really cool w/in an hour or so of Philly?

Is there really no one who wants to meet up? Even just for lunch or something? [Frown]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I *possibly* could have made it down to philly today but I have plans around here tonight and that'd be pushing it. A little late now anyway. Interestingly enough, I was almost in philly last night for a party and would've then been around this afternoon if so. But I also most likely wouldn't have been able to check hatrack and thus wouldn't have known you were in Philly!

I'm suprised there aren't more Hatrackers in the Philly area.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be in the Philly area next week for a business thing - I'll be free in the evenings during the week. Anyone have suggestions of things to do?
Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.