FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can sing again!

Author Topic: I can sing again!
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
So after being unable to play my flute or sing for the past two months, this comes as a huge relief.

Upon using a flashlight on my throat this morning, I noted that the ulcer is now HALF the size it was a few days ago. I've been able to talk, but singing was a no-no- it hurt too much, and didn't sound good at all. I might as well have been a mute for the amount of sound I could produce.

But, I tried a few minutes ago, and MIRACLE! I can sing again! It doesn't even hurt(though that could be the ibuprofen)!

*sings the happy song, which at the moment is One-X by Three Days Grace*

[Big Grin] [The Wave] [Party]

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Good times! Just make sure you take it slow, okay? You don't want to irritate it again.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Oh, of course. I'm singing softly, in the range that's comfortable. No Phantom of the Opera or Defying Gravity for me for a while yet.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Now I've got "The Phaaaaaaaa-ntom of the Opera is theeeeeere..." stuck in my head. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Not a problem. Hey, at least it wasn't, "I've got a lov-e-ly bunch of coconuts..."

Or wait, maybe it is now.

Oops.

Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm playing the Wicked Soundtrack right now, I'm singing along to Popular right now!

I hope you keep improving!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it wonderful?? [Smile] Congratulations! I'm finally getting to where I can, again, after my surgery, and it's so fantastic. I missed singing so much! (Especially since I'm a voice major...)
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Great, now I've got tPotO stuck in my head too!
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooraaayyyy! Man, that stinks that you had an ulcer on your throat. I've had one of those before, and it was monstrously annoying. I'm glad you're feeling better!
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
I'm playing the Wicked Soundtrack right now, I'm singing along to Popular right now!

I did that as few days ago, and my wife smacked me. [Frown]

Of course, I can't sing well....and we were watching the end of the Wizard of Oz, where Glenda floats down on the bubble-gum bubble to tell Dorthy that she can go home. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop-YooHoo-Lar!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
we were watching the end of the Wizard of Oz, where Glenda floats down on the bubble-gum bubble to tell Dorthy that she can go home.

Dorothy would have been completely justified in slapping that dippy grin off of Glinda's puss at that point.

Jes' sayin'.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.