FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender's Game Trailer. Project has been put on hiatus, I'm sorry everyone. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ender's Game Trailer. Project has been put on hiatus, I'm sorry everyone.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I did forget to mention that I'll edit the audio to make it blend in with the action a bit more. Thank God for Soundforge.

I hope you make it Dr Strangelove!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems great so far. Good work. :]
My only concern was that I wasn't able to hear much of the narration over the music. But that might just have been my lousy speakers.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather you not hear it actually, since my voice just does not cut the mustard.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the voiceover sounded like an AI voice. It actually fits.
Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Really, you think?
Hmmm...Maybe I can try to sound more AI ish?

Anyhoot.

Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha!! Sent in my music 5 minutes before the deadline. Hope you got the email!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Actually, I haven't gotten it. Maybe you can try sending it again?
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
:::took care of it::: Thanks for the suggestion about yousendit.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

No problem, I find it very useful myself.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I might extend the deadline, seeing how nobody has sent me their narrations. I would much rather not do this, but I might have no choice. If in the end nobody submits anything, I guess Graff will have a very very high pitched voice.
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
I should be able to record a narration this evening, which parts do you still need?

I don't think my voice is particularly well suited for doing Graff's part, but it's more male than yours [Wink] , so I guess I should give that part a try?

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Sure! Just read through the second script that Lyrhawn(?) provided. Try to sound as if Graff was pretending to be the movie announcer guy.

I can edit it using Sound Forge if there is a need for it, I can change the pitch a little or make it sound raspier.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Alt, I'm not gonna be able to get a mic anytime soon. Well I should anytime before Thanksgiving break. If you still want something, it's likely I'd be able to do it Friday. Let me know.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

It's ok Dr. Strangelove. I'll let you turn in it until Friday.

I can work on other hmk assignments too.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
send my audition.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I've extended the deadline until Friday. Dr. Stragelove said that he needed more time, so I figure it's fair if I give that extra time to everyone else. *hint* pH
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'm sorry everyone, but the project has been put on indefinate hiatus because of the following reason:

-Look into my "I CANNOT do this alone" thread. Seeing how I am just not able to cope with the things that are happening in my life at the moment, it just doesn't seem fair to everyone who has helped me if I finish this project without any inspiration or, more importatly, the proper mindset.
I feel like I am going through a lot at the moment and I just cannot complete this, and make it look good.

As I stated, this project is on hiatus, meaning that I look forward to putting it together in the future so that I can repay you for your efforts in your voice acting and because I feel like I owe it to this community after everything it has done for me. I promised I was going to do this, and I want to fullfil said promise.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Put your house in order man, Ender's Game isn't going anywhere anytime soon [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Crrraaap I totally forgot. I was going to go to Wal-mart on Friday to pick up a mic, but then I realized it was Black Friday, and forgot since then. I'm probably going tomorrow though, so when this comes up again I'll be lending my voice. It's quite deep and I can make it gravelly or smooth, depending on what you want.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, I hope you can get everything worked out at home.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.